“Pet Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Charleston, South Carolina
“Pet Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My son lives in Alexandria, so I wanted to be close, but worried with finding a place that would allow 2 pets. I have a newfoundland and maltipoo. There was NO pet fee and they accept any number of pets and size. You would never know this hotel allowed pets because it was spotless. The staff was excellent! One of the best hotels I've stayed. The dining room was also great! Thanks for a stress-free experience. Only downside was the bathroom door, lacks privacy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thomas F, General Manager at Lorien Hotel and Spa, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Hello carol k,

I am glad you discovered the Lorien Hotel & Spa so we could provide you and your dogs with a hotel near to your son in Alexandria. I am pleased you found the hotel to be extremely clean and our staff to be very accommodating. I am sorry the modern design of the bathroom door did not provide you with enough privacy.

We hope to see you again when you come to visit to your son,

Thomas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My Husband and I decided to make our 2012 Summer get away a trip to our Nation's Capital and stayed in the Lorien for 3 nights. We could not have asked for a better experience. The staff was fantastic, accomodating and very knowledgeable about the areas best restaurants, bars and tourist destinations. The hotel was beautiful, rooms spacious and well appointed! Coming from seasoned business traveller having stayed in some of the best hotel brands in the world, we have chosen Kimpton Hotels for our next business trip when available....You will not be disappointed with service, price and accomodations!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear 665KAW,

Thanks for choosing the Lorien Hotel & Spa for your visit to DC. As I am sure you discovered it is a quick two block walk from the hotel to the Metro which is then just a quick ride up to the sights in DC. I am glad you found our staff to be helpful with making recommendations on where to go, and that you enjoyed the size and décor of your guest room.

We look forward to welcoming you back,

Lexington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I was traveling on my own and felt right at home. The staff was so helpful and I felt so well looked after. The security were great also. It felt like I had plenty of big brothers to look after me while I was away from my family and in a new city. The staff were really helpful in offering suggestions on where to go and visit as well as to call if I was lost and they would send a car for me.
The room was spacious and luxurious. I felt like the queen especially when I got in and there was a glass of wine waiting for me aswell as other guests at a certain time. The food was awesome too! The Brabo tasting room was my favorite with a great artisan cheeses that includes homemade marmalades. It was wonderful. So laid back and easy to sit on your own and watch the chefs at work. It seemed like it was a place for locals also.
A wonderful experience. I look forward to staying here again when I travel to Washington DC next time.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Hello triotrois,

I was thrilled our staff made you feel right at home, comfortable and safe too; all important when traveling to a new city. I am glad you had the opportunity to experience our BRABO Tasting Room and sample their cheeses amongst other items.

We look forward to your next trip to DC,

Somerville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Lorien for one night and it was great! I got a good deal on the room from the Kimpton website as well as breakfast for $1 (and a $10 mini bar credit for being an inTouch member). The location of the hotel is excellent- no need to drive anywhere. We were traveling with our dog and love the Kimptons for being so accommodating and friendly to our pet! I didn't try the spa but the gym was one of the best hotel gyms I've used- the equipment is top notch and clean and they even have yoga mats and resistance bands. We loved the free wine hour at 5pm also. We ordered room service for dinner (the weather was terrible so we decided to stay in) and it was probably the best room service we've ever ordered. All our meat was cooked to temp and the service was quick and friendly. For breakfast we used our $1 coupons and got the continental breakfast (yogurt, granola, fruit, bread, coffee) and then added on some eggs for an additional cost. My only complaint was that there didn't seem to be enough valets working- we called down for a luggage cart and it never came so we carried all our bags down ourselves- the valet said he hadn't had time to come up to get our stuff. This isn't really a huge deal except that they don't make the carts readily available for guests to use so it was a hassle carrying our stuff plus our 6 month old puppy and her crate etc. down ourselves. Overall a fabulous hotel and we will definitely stay at the Lorien next time we're in Alexandria!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thomas F, General Manager at Lorien Hotel and Spa, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Champagne512,

I am glad you enjoyed our workout facilities and found that we were very accommodating to your puppy. I am sorry we may not have been staffed appropriately with our Valets on the morning of your departure. We certainly would prefer to do all the work, since you were our guests. Thanks for the high marks regarding your Room Service experience; I am glad you were able to keep warm that evening.

We look forward to your next visit,

Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed at the Lorien as part of a wedding group and as a base to explore Washington DC.
The rooms are spacious and relatively well appointed, with excellent airconditioning (which was needed for the 90 degree+ summer days. Each evening at happy hour you are welcome to sit in the lounge or courtyard for a complimentary glass of wine. Computer systems were down when we were checking out which was the only issue for our stay. Roof top suite where the married couple were had a great outdoor deck area too.
A bit of a walk to the Yellow Line metro but easy access to the middle of central Alexandria.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear MWelly,

I am pleased the location of the Lorien just two blocks from the Metro station made it an ideal base of operations for the all the activities surrounding the wedding as well as popping into DC. I am sorry about the computer issue upon your departure, but was pleased to note our frigid air conditioning served you well.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Pete took great care of us! He was the best! He treated us like royalty. Will definitely go back. Also the restaurant was fabulous. Great food! Love the outdoor fireplace with a good glass of wine and the Lorien was so clean. Everyone there is always so friendly

• Stayed December 2012
Hello Hogger55,

Thanks for sharing your kind words about Pete. I am glad you enjoyed your experience in BRABO, and that you had the chance to enjoy a glass of wine out by the fire pit.

We look forward to your return,

Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My recent stay at the Lorien Hotel & Spa was a tremendous experience. The staff is extremely gracious and helpful. When checking in, they noted I was an In Touch member and upgraded me to a corner room. I was very thankful. I'd like to cite one of their their duty managers, Brandon Brown -- professional, courteous, and prompt -- he exemplifies the spirit of the employees at the Lorien Hotel & Spa!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Hello Vaughn V,

Quite the trip all the way from Hawaii! Thank you for taking the time to recognize Brandon’s efforts of providing you with excellent service. I appreciate you being a Kimpton InTouch member and I am pleased to note you received an upgraded room.

We look forward to welcoming you back,

Thomas

Been to Lorien Hotel and Spa, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!