“The Best Hotel Stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The Best Hotel Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This is easily the best hotel stay I have ever had. Right from the start, the customer service lady was very polite and courteous over the phone, while assisting me with my reservations. When I arrived, the valet driver was a delight and very patient. The warm welcome at the front desk was endearing, and since it was my birthday, I received a "Happy Birthday", and a bag of goodies. A wonderful gentleman insisted on helping me with my bags to my room. He also told me the layout of the hotel and what there is to do in the area. A delightful surprise of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries awaited me in the room, as well as a ticket to enjoy items from the minibar. The room was beautiful, unique, and perfect. The cleanliness of the entire hotel was wholly spotless. The atmosphere of each part of the hotel and dining areas were inviting and artistically mapped out.

It's alwalys a delight to see travelers with their pets welcomed just as warmly, and the care options for pets are very comforting. I know that I can bring my puppy here and feel secure about it.

The servers in the restaurants are just as delightful as those in the hotel. Two of the bartenders for the night were very charistmatic upon giving me my two glasses of birthday champagne and dessert. (It really pays to become an Intouch member, with such great perks).

The team at the Lorien will bend over backwards for you. One of the staff members even recovered a much needed item for me from my car, in the middle of the night. The following day, a very gracious gentleman offered to take my bags to my car, while I explored Old Town Alexandria on foot (The Lorien is in an ideal location for this luxury). Later on, the valet driver brought my car around, with all of my bags all packed in neatly in the back. WHAT A PERFECT STAY! A gorgeous place and an outstanding staff made my birthday night extraordinary. Couldn't have asked for anything better because better than this just doesn't exist. :D

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thomas F, General Manager at Lorien Hotel and Spa, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Kat131313,

Thank you for choosing to spend your Birthday with the team at the Lorien Hotel & Spa and BRABO. We all really enjoy putting a smile on our guest’s face, so I am thrilled we had the impact on you. I am glad you had such wonderful interactions with our staff, and enjoyed all the amenities of the hotel, as well as our location.

We hope to welcome you back before your next birthday!

Thomas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

You walk in and the hotel smells great! Staff is very helpful and friend,y, there is a courtyard with a fire pot for cold evenings. Wine at 5 pm is very nice. Breakfast is very English but extremely good. Very clean and modern rooms with great views of Alexandria. Stayed with my sister for a Spa weekend and we were delighted with our facials. just a great place, will definitely stay here again, very close to metro and dc is 15 minutes away. Alexandria is a nice place to visit.
Take the ghost tour if you can! Tons of fun. Hotel value is good as well.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thomas F, General Manager at Lorien Hotel and Spa, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear LEJQ,

I am glad you enjoyed the fire pit in the terrace just off our lobby, perhaps with a glass of wine! I am pleased you had the opportunity to enjoy facials in the Spa with your sister, as well as breakfast in BRABO. I am delighted you took advantage of our convenient location just two blocks from the Metro stop.

We hope to welcome you back soon,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Great service and great location! Valet, Front desk and entire staff did an amazing job. My new home in the DC area. I also used the King Street Metro station about a couple blocks away. The airport was only about 15 minutes from the Hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Rumor1,

I was so pleased to note you received excellent service from all of the hotel team members that interacted with you. I am glad you discovered we are conveniently located near the King Street Metro stop as well as Reagan Airport.

We look forward to being your home in the DC area,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

aaaah - the gift of Boutique hotels... their uniqueness and detailed offerings are just a treat. The location of the hotel is ideal to walk around to the harbor, shop, get to the local spa or dine at one of the many local options. From the moment I walked in, I was pleasantly surprised with the approach and smiles of the staff members. Their meeting rooms are very comfortable. The rooms are large enough and offer a very comfortable environment to work or relax. Their wine receptions are a hit for all the guests and a nice way to start your evening. I also enjoyed their restaurant and beer selection.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thomas F, General Manager at Lorien Hotel and Spa, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear WonderousTraveler,

It appears you had the chance to sample and enjoy all that our hotel and Old Town has to offer. I was pleased to note you were greeted with smiles and received excellent service, and that you enjoyed your complimentary wine reception.

We look forward to your next visit,

Gainesville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Greeted by the staff at The Lorien so warmly I thought I was "home"! Every member of the staff was friendly, happy to have me there, went out of their way to help and inform. Haven't had that experience in a long, long time - maybe ever!!

Room Tip: I was privy to 4 four different rooms - all had lovely decor, great lighting, huge mirrors and exce...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear billfebert,

It was our pleasure to “welcome you home” and provide you with friendly and attentive service.

We hope to welcome you back soon,

Coconut Creek, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

The staff at the Lorien was exceptionally helpful. They were very happy to help with whatever we requested. They arranged a car to the airport and made excellent local recommendations. Our room was comfortable and convenient. They have a nightly wine reception for guests. We were able to try a few different types of wine...delicious! They provided a computer in the room, with free internet service for Kimpton members. Great experience. I just wish I had more time to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thomas F, General Manager at Lorien Hotel and Spa, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear HappyTraveler249,

It was nice to note you found our staff to be so friendly and helpful, such as with arranging airport transportation. I am glad you had the opportunity to enjoy our complimentary wine reception, and that you made good use of the in-room computer and complimentary internet.

We look forward to your next visit,

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Lorien Hotel in Alexandria. We stayed in the Diplomat Suite which has a spectacular 500 sq ft balcony with views of Alexandria. The room was modern and bathroom very upscale with a delightly comfortable bed. The hotel restaurant was excellent and breakfast here was delicious - try the potato cakes and corned beef and hash. Belgian inspired cuisine - really delicious! Located steps from the metro with easy access to DC. Alexandria is a very charming town and the hotel is close to all the cafes, bakeries and shops. Wish I had time for a spa treatment at the hotel as it looked very inviting.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear mbdonley,

I was pleased to note you enjoyed our fabulous Diplomat suite and had the chance to take in a spa treatment. I am glad you enjoyed your BRABO breakfast experience, and had the opportunity to explore DC and Old Town Alexandria.

We hope to see you again soon,

Thomas

Been to Lorien Hotel and Spa, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!