Having stayed at one Residence Inn on another vacation, we thought we would give this new hotel a try. We were very happy we did. It had all the amenities one would want or need for a vacation. Since it is new, everything was in excellent in shape, and the staff couldn't have been more professional. This hotel was a bit farther out than the other R Inn, in Alexandria, VA. But it was very quiet (an occasional blast from the Metro train is the only sound we heard). Everything surrounding the hotel is clean, quiet, almost too perfect. LOL. Our room consisted of a large bathroom (toilet, shower) and then a separate sink area that had plenty of space to put your toiletries. An open space shelf, 2 drawers, and 2 small cupboards. A closet sits right behind this area, which has a full size mirror for doors. A luggage rack, plenty of hangars, and bedding for the pull out couch, and iron/board are in the closet for your convenience. The bed is a king (this was a suite), with lovely linens, and plenty of pillows. You can request different pillow choices online. The nightstand had 3 drawers, all roomy, with a clock/radio and good lighting for bedtime reading. Two large windows (that do not open)to look out of. Cool, red, modern sofa bed, along with an end table and a small coffee table. A 3 drawer dresser with the flat screen TV. Two person kitchen table, and a very large ergonomic desk/chair. The room has excellent lighting. Kitchen has all the tools you could imagine-pots/pans, dishes, utensils, salt/pepper/popcorn/coffee/tea/sugar/creamer, silverware, mxing bowls, measuring cup, glassware, coffee cups, cutting board, dish cloth/towels, paper towels, cutting knives..I am sure I am forgetting something. Kitchen has full size frig, 2 burner stove, microwave, dishwasher ( with soap). Sink, coffeemaker, toaster. Good locks, lights, plugs, clock, TV, shower pressure, bathroom fan, hair dryer, heat, shades ---all worked well.
The hotel has a lovely breakfast, as the previous reviewer describes.
A very small game room, which has a TV and games, though I never saw anyone using it. The computer room has 2 computers for public use, as well as printer, for free. The computers are a bit slow and tend to disconnect. I did inform the hotel desk of this. There is a fire going in the fireplace in the lobby, as well as another large TV. Parking is $15 a night, however, all of the other hotels in the area charge this amount or more, as I checked quite extensively. However, if you are a government employee (federal, state, local), you park for free, be sure and bring your ID. Parking is via an underground garage located right under the hotel, which is strictly accessed by employees and guests only. Elevator goes right from garage to your floor. The staff were very helpful, informative, and did everything that we asked of them. The shuttle took us to the Metro station every day, and picked us up within a few minutes, with a phone call. The Metro station is also about 3 blocks away if you want to walk. (Eishenhower Station). The shuttle will also take you to Old Town Alexandria for free, be sure and ask for the available times, however. They have great AAA 3 day getaway deals!
I highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure, or both. Tip: They take pets, though I am not aware of their deposit, which is non-refundable. There is a small pet park right behind the hotel and around the corner!
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South At Carlyle Hotel
- Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South At Carlyle Hotel Alexandria
- Residence Inn Alexandria
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the growing Carlyle neighborhood just outside of historic Old Town Alexandria, Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle provides the perfect accommodations for corporate and leisure travelers visiting the Washington, D.C. area. This 15 floor hotel features 181 studio, one- and two- bedroom suites including complimentary Internet access and fully-equipped kitchens. Additional on-property amenities include 1,025 sq. ft. of meeting space, state-of-the-art fitness center, 24-hour market, and business center with print, copy, scan, and fax services. Along with well-appointed accommodations, guests enjoy complimentary daily hot breakfast and evening social hours (Monday-Thursday). Ideal for extended stays, guest laundry facilities and pet-friendly rooms are available. This Alexandria, VA hotel is conveniently located near two Metro stations, offering easy access to key area businesses and leading downtown Washington, DC destinations. The hotel provides complimentary shuttle service to the Metro and Old Town Alexandria. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.