“The best!!” 5 of 5 stars

Free Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
“The best!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed here to visit family and loved it!! The staff was excellent, shuttle service convenience and such a walkable area. Most pleasant stay we have ever had in northern Virginia!! Highly recommend if visiting this area....will stay here again and again!!

Stayed December 2013
Cory G, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at my hotel. You have joined a growing group of travelers that are discovering our walkable area. I am extremely proud of my staff for delivering you such excellent service and I look forward to sharing your comments with them. Once again thank you for the high recommendations and for joining the club of so many people that make our hotel their first choice when visiting the Washington DC area.

252 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
millstone nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Stayed at this property for 3 days, overall was a good experience. Nothing over the top, the room was very clean, but pretty basic. Although we did not use it, there was a small kitchen and sitting area. Bathroom was clean. The hotel was sort of basic but supplied a breakfast. OK, not the best but more than enough, clean, make your own waffles, hot coffee, cereal, a few hot items etc. If you want something special, find a nearby restaurant. A free shuttle supplied to the Metro and surrounding area. My only complaint was a front desk clerk on Sat. night at 6:30 pm sound asleep at the front desk, and I mean out like a light. After finally getting her to wake up, she seemed dazed, crabby and half out of it, mind you this was not in the middle of the night. Otherwise, front desk was helpful and courteous. Got a good price thru Hotels.com, so overall very acceptable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Cory G, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share how pleasant your stay was at my hotel, and I also thank you for providing me the opportunity to improve. I was pleased to hear about how the cleanliness and helpfulness was for your stay and that you received an acceptable value for the good price. Once again thank you and I look forward to seeing you again when you return for your next visit.
Kennesaw, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

This had to be the cleanest hotel that I have seen in a long long time. The staff could not have been more courteous and helpful! Great location and great price! Thanks to all for an enjoyable stay!! Would have loved to have the option of valet parking. I have a hard time paying $18 a day for parking when I am paying for the hotel room and there is no valet. Where else am I supposed to park but the hotel?

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for writing such a great review of our hotel. I am very proud of my staff for providing the cleanliness and courteous service that you received. I look forward to sharing your feedback with them. It is that same cleanliness and helpfulness that has so many customers such as yourself making our hotel their first choice when visiting the DC area. Once again thank you!
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

This was an excellent option. I was fortunate to find a Groupon for it, which made it even better. The hotel is easily accessible to the interstate and easy to find. The room was a studio, 1 king bed that was very clean, spacious and comfortable. The kitchenette was stocked with dishes and flat ware, as well as a full-size refrigerator. The bathroom was nice. Staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfast had plenty of choices of high quality.

I called the morning of check-in to confirm the reservation. The staff reported that the reservation was booked in their system to be the next day. I told them that was incorrect and the gentleman quickly fixed it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Cory G, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you very much for the fantastic compliments you provided about my hotel and staff. I am glad that you discovered the high value of our hotel offerings; just as so many other customers have discovered too. It is due to experiences just like yours that makes our hotel the first choice for so many repeat customers that visit the Washington DC area. Once again thank you, and I look forward to accommodating you again when you return.
Lansing, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Had the occasion of staying at this location. We were able to check in early and our requested accomodations were available. The lobby and breakfast area were well maintained and we expected the room to be the same. The room which was a one bedroom suite definitely requires both updating and maintenance. The carpeting shows evident signs of wear throughout. The furniture definitely looked like it had taken a beating. But the worst was the shower /toilet area where it required painting and defintely needed the tile to either be regrouted or replaced. Apparently from other reviews there are updated rooms, but we did not have one; too bad. The staff was very friendly. We spent very little time at the hotel so we did not use many of the amenities. If you go, request updated accomodations.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay at my hotel. Our new staff is currently in the midst of an ongoing updating phase of the hotel, and while doing so I am pleased that they delivered very friendly service to you. Once again thank you for proving us this very valuable feedback and I look forward to you experiencing our finished updated hotel on a future visit.
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Stayed here with the family over Thanksgiving week. The hotel, while not located in the middle of old town Alexandria, is still close (you would need to drive to get to the tourist spots) but is within walking distance to a Whole Foods, Starbucks, etc. You are also able to walk to a metro station, but I wouldn't recommend it in the winter! There is an underground garage (costs extra but most hotels in this area charge for parking) which is a bit tight but very convenient because you can take an elevator directly up to your floor.

The rooms are very clean and updated. There was a bit of train/metro noise but not enough to bother us. I did read a few reviews complaining about small rooms but this is DC not TX or the Midwest so expect things to be a bit smaller! The breakfast was good and the dining room was large and clean. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful.

All in all I would highly recommend this hotel as a great option for families travelling to DC.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Cory G, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for writing such a great review about my hotel. I am very glad that you discovered how close our hotel actually is to everything. The word is getting out! I am very proud of my staff for providing you with a clean room, clean dining facilities, and friendly helpful service. I will be sure to celebrate with them the success of delivering you such good service. Thank you very much for providing a “High Recommendation” for my hotel and I look forward to accommodating you again when you return to DC.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

My husband and I spent one night at this hotel when we traveled to DC to celebrate our 1 yr anniversary. We booked a one room suite. The day we were checking in we called to see if we could check in early and they accommodated the request. The room was clean, well appointed and the complimentary breakfast was great. Additionally, the hotel does offer a complimentary shuttle to Old Town and the King or Eisenhower Metro station. The only down side of this property is the parking. The hotel does have a pay parking garage but there is street parking that is free on the weekends. Additionally, the AMC Hoffman Movie Theater complex is a 5-10 min walk down the street where you could park for free. There is also a new garage next to the movie theater but I'm not sure how much it costs to park there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing how much you enjoyed my accommodating staff, clean and well-appointed rooms, and great breakfast. I look forward to sharing your feedback with my team. Many customers just like you enjoy our centrally located venue that is in walking distance to so many popular destination spots and the metro. Our customers also enjoy our competitively low parking prices compared to most other DC area hotels. Once again thank you and Happy Anniversary!

Been to Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle? Share your experiences!