First off I will admit that I chose this property as I was able to get my Marriott employee rate here, but boy was I pleased with this decision! We came for my brothers wedding so I had some family with me, the staff was very accomodating with everyone's needs! Every morning at breakfast my grandma would need water and Jenny would make sure my grandma had it by either getting it for her, or checking to make sure my grandma had gotten it herself, as it wasn't in the eating area. Unfortunately I don't remember too many of the front desk agents but they were always so helpful and even got us the shuttle to take us to the metro on the day we decided not to drive into the city. Our driver there was Barry and he was so friendly and made us laugh! We had to iron a lot of wedding chair covers for my brothers wedding and when we started, one of the irons was not working properly, so they were prompt in bringing us up a new one.
The breakfast each day was really good and I have to say I miss it now that I am home!
I really have so many good things to say about this place and will definitely consider staying there in my future stays, and will recommend it when I am booking people to stay in the area.
The only one thing that happened was when we were packing up to leave, my husband checked under the bed and found an old orange juice container, it wasn't ours so I don't know how long it had been there, we were surprised as the rest if the room was so nice and clean!
Also I was worried we would have a noisy room as our bedroom window looked out in the metro tracks(my little brother slept in the living room and had a view if the Masonic temple, which he was really excited about). The noise level was very minimal and didn't bother us at all!
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South At Carlyle Hotel Alexandria
- Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South At Carlyle Hotel
- Residence Inn Alexandria
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the growing Carlyle neighborhood just outside of historic Old Town Alexandria, Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle provides the perfect accommodations for corporate and leisure travelers visiting the Washington, D.C. area. This 15 floor hotel features 181 studio, one- and two- bedroom suites including complimentary Internet access and fully-equipped kitchens. Additional on-property amenities include 1,025 sq. ft. of meeting space, state-of-the-art fitness center, 24-hour market, and business center with print, copy, scan, and fax services. Along with well-appointed accommodations, guests enjoy complimentary daily hot breakfast and evening social hours (Monday-Thursday). Ideal for extended stays, guest laundry facilities and pet-friendly rooms are available. This Alexandria, VA hotel is conveniently located near two Metro stations, offering easy access to key area businesses and leading downtown Washington, DC destinations. The hotel provides complimentary shuttle service to the Metro and Old Town Alexandria. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Marriott, Booking.com, Tingo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.