“Great choice for visiting DC” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2345 Mill Road, Alexandria, VA 22314 (Eisenhower East)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #11 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Arizona
“Great choice for visiting DC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

- Excellent position to the metro for visiting all sights in D.C.
-Affordable
-Clean
-Huge selection for breakfast & cocktail hour included
-Huge rooms ( we had 2bdrm/2ba) perfect for going with kids or friends
-Helpful & friendly service
-Free shuttle
-Comfy beds
-Quiet rooms
While not luxurious I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again or recommend to anyone looking for good location, price, and service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cory G, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you very much for listing out our wide spread offerings of excellent products and services that we provide for all of our guests. It is easy so see from just a glance how much value we offer for the price. I am always proud of my staff when I read how well they provide customer service, and I will be sure to share your comments with them. Once again thank you.

279 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Central Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed in a corner suite and felt very comfortable during our stay. The room was quiet even though we overlooked the trains. The surrounding area is safe and walkable even at night. The shuttle service could have been a bit better, an extra van would have been nice as the wait at times was a bit long.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for posting about how great your stay was with us. It is always pleasing to me to learn that our customized sound proofing windows consistently does such an effective job keeping the train noise outside to provide all of our guest rooms with quiet comfort. We are also very fortunate enough to be so conveniently located in walking distance of an abundant array of retail choices and destination spots. Once again thank you for sharing about how great our hotel and location is, and I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
Pierrefonds (Montreal), Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband, 3 young-adult children & I stayed in Room 919, a very spacious 2-bedroom/2-king suite, July 24 - 28/13. Our rooms were clean and comfortable. Without exception the staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. The breakfasts and the one evening reception we attended were good. The fitness room is adequately equipped. The only negatives we encountered were very minor - getting several bottles of conditioner but no shampoo, a wobbly kitchen table, slow internet on one evening, and insufficient seating in the breakfast area on two occasions. On the whole, very good value!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cory G, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post such an excellent review of your experience with our hotel. I always take great pleasure in observing the consistency of my team's friendly, courteous, and helpful customer service we deliver on a daily basis. I am also grateful for the constructive feedback too as that I find it imperative for sustaining the high level of customer service we are accustomed to delivering everyday. Once again thank you and I look forward to your return visit.
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Okay, I'm a big fan of this property and the terrific people who run this hotel. We stay three or four times a year and will keep returning. Most recently, we reserved a king suite but due to a problem with the door lock, we were moved to a two-bedroom. Having been on the road for a month, this was a welcome surprise! The rooms had king beds and good-sized baths and were separated by a central living/dining/kitchen area. One bedroom had a stunning floor-to-ceiling view of the courthouse and southeastern Alexandria/Old Town. The other was larger and looked out upon the west side buildings and train tracks. We heard the trains but they were not a problem or nuisance for us. A large stove, refrigerator, and dishwasher were spotless and in perfect working order.

The fitness room and dining area are spacious and well-planned. We enjoyed the delicious hot breakfasts and evening socials; the dining crew is sweet and proficient.

The location is ideal for us - we're a short walk to the metro and close-by businesses/eateries and a healthy walk to central Old Town and the water. There's a good cinema/shopping center and the picturesque Masonic Temple near the hotel. Lastly, the complimentary shuttle will take you anywhere within a 3?-mile radius and the drivers are consistently efficient and nice (they accept tips :).

Special thanks to Pam (check-in) and John (tech), their assistance and attitude are outstanding.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cory G, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for writing such a complimentary review about my hotel. We are very fortunately to be ideally located in an area that provides beautiful views and close walking distances to restaurants and retail stores. I am delighted that you were abundantly accommodated by our wide array of hotel features and amenities; and I am further delighted that the efforts of my staff delivered such exceptional service to you and your family. I am extremely proud of Pam, John, our drivers, and the rest of our team members for working together so efficiently resulting in the "Ex-cellent" experience you encountered. Thank you for being a loyal repeat customer and I look forward to hosting you again the next time you visit.
Winter Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was my second time staying at a Residence Inn. What a terrific concept.
I stayed in a studio bedroom. Kitchen was great. King size bed was ohh so comfortable. TV channels - many and easy to use remote. Loved the free microwave popcorn pkg in the room.
Shuttle service was great - nice feature.
The quality of the room and decor was much appreciated. Really liked the color scheme used.
Made me feel good - good feng shui.
More hotel rooms should be like the Residence Inn. Even though this property is in a business area, there were LOTS of couples and families staying here on weekend. Breakfast room was busy, busy with vacationers.
Lobby and room was very clean and inviting.
One very minor compliant: each time I entered my room, I smelled a VERY faint Indian food smell. Did not notice after a couple minutes.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Cory G, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share how great of a stay you had at my hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed the quality and décor of our studio suites, and I am further pleased that you will stay here again anytime. Once again thank you and I look forward to sharing with my staff your comments about your stay.
Hanoi, Vietnam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We wanted a kitchenette and a separate bedroom - have stayed in many similar properties, Marriott and otherwise, and this set up is miniature sized. It's a new hotel - nice heads up that this is apparently what newer Marriotts are like. Searching Internet for new place now!!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay. I certainly empathize with the lack of space you encountered during your stay and I apologize for the inconvenience you and your family experienced. Our hotel has various sizes of suites available. In addition to our studio suites, we also offer larger one and two bedroom suites too. I would welcome the opportunity to accommodate you in one of those larger suites as I am confident that those larger sizes will be adequately accommodating for you and your family. Once again thank you for your feedback and I hope to earn the opportunity to accommodate you in one of our larger suite sizes the next time you visit.
Kingsport, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my two teenage daughters for a long weekend vacation to the DC area. I was a little worried about coming to the area without my husband as he was sick and unable to travel. It was a nice experience and I felt completely safe. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms very clean and daily cleaning service was excellent. They went the extra mile tiding up from us. The hotel had a shuttle from and to the Metro and to Old Town for dining when you get back to the hotel in the evening. The shuttle drivers were very friendly and helpful with any questions. Easy communute into DC and back. The room was reasonably priced. I was able to negotiate the parking fee to $5 which I was okay with - not the $15 they were asking. My car was behind a locked metal gate the entire trip and only hotel guests and employees had access. Free breakfast was not bad at all. French toast one morning. Take into consideration healthly diet and other options as well. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for writing such a terrific review about my hotel. I am very happy that your experience was such a good one and that all aspects of your stay went so well. I am very eager to share with my staff how their friendly and helpful customer service resulted in delivering you an excellent experience and your willingness to return. Once again thank you and I look forward to seeing you again the next time you return.

Been to Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle? Share your experiences!