We have stayed in various places around Washington and this time decided to stay in Alexandria so we could take a river cruise to Mount Vernon. A nice modern looking hotel with secure onsite parking. Check in was easy and the clerk told us all about the shuttle that would take us anywhere we wanted to go within a mile and half. Rooms were a bit of a surprise when we came across only one king size bed and what was a sofa bed. This was our own fault for not checking the booking correctly. We had two rooms each with three people in ( 6 of us travelling in all). This would not have caused much of an issue had the sofa bed been made up ready, we didn't expect to have to do this ourselves. Also there were only two towels in the bathroom, if they were expecting three in each room, surely it should have been made up to accommodate this. But this was the only glitch in the proceedings. The room also had a lovely kitchen area and if we had been staying any longer we certainly would have used this. We quickly had the room sorted and took the shuttle into old town Alexandria. Shuttle driver was friendly and told us were to meet him at the time we were ready to leave. The breakfast room the following morning was full to brimming but the member of staff was trying his best to keep it clean. It was nice to be able to have waffles with all types of toppings to go with them. The mornings shuttle driver told us all about the local history and pointed out several different places on the drive to the river front. We would certainly not hesitate to stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South At Carlyle Hotel Alexandria
- Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South At Carlyle Hotel
- Residence Inn Alexandria
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the growing Carlyle neighborhood just outside of historic Old Town Alexandria, Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle provides the perfect accommodations for corporate and leisure travelers visiting the Washington, D.C. area. This 15 floor hotel features 181 studio, one- and two- bedroom suites including complimentary Internet access and fully-equipped kitchens. Additional on-property amenities include 1,025 sq. ft. of meeting space, state-of-the-art fitness center, 24-hour market, and business center with print, copy, scan, and fax services. Along with well-appointed accommodations, guests enjoy complimentary daily hot breakfast and evening social hours (Monday-Thursday). Ideal for extended stays, guest laundry facilities and pet-friendly rooms are available. This Alexandria, VA hotel is conveniently located near two Metro stations, offering easy access to key area businesses and leading downtown Washington, DC destinations. The hotel provides complimentary shuttle service to the Metro and Old Town Alexandria. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.