My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend when we were in town for the Race for Hope DC. We booked this room through a discount site and got it for far less than the average rate, so we weren't expecting a lot. We were quite surprised to find this little gem when we arrived! We were upgraded to a one bedroom apartment suite for free and it had a full kitchen and dining area. It even had a dishwasher and detergent tablets! The staff was very friendly and helped us navigate the area, providing us with metro schedules and a shuttle to the nearest terminal. We were also given maps of the local attractions (Old Town and such).
There were only two things I was a little unhappy about. First, breakfast is supposed to be included in the rate. However, they don't begin serving it until 7am. That is fairly late if you're there on business, which we were because we are race day volunteers with 6am assignments! We were instructed on their website that we could get a bagged meal to go and that was false. We asked and were told they offered no such thing. Problem is, there is absolutely nothing open for breakfast in that neighborhood at 5am either. They need to come up with a solution for travelers who need breakfast earlier! My second grievance is the parking issue. It was $18 a day to park in the hotel garage. I realize this is a problem everywhere in the DC area, but it's still absurd. These two issues are the only reason I didn't give this establishment all 5's. Overall, it was great. I would stay there again for the same price but if I had to pay their standard rate, perhaps not...
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South At Carlyle Hotel Alexandria
- Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South At Carlyle Hotel
- Residence Inn Alexandria
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the growing Carlyle neighborhood just outside of historic Old Town Alexandria, Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle provides the perfect accommodations for corporate and leisure travelers visiting the Washington, D.C. area. This 15 floor hotel features 181 studio, one- and two- bedroom suites including complimentary Internet access and fully-equipped kitchens. Additional on-property amenities include 1,025 sq. ft. of meeting space, state-of-the-art fitness center, 24-hour market, and business center with print, copy, scan, and fax services. Along with well-appointed accommodations, guests enjoy complimentary daily hot breakfast and evening social hours (Monday-Thursday). Ideal for extended stays, guest laundry facilities and pet-friendly rooms are available. This Alexandria, VA hotel is conveniently located near two Metro stations, offering easy access to key area businesses and leading downtown Washington, DC destinations. The hotel provides complimentary shuttle service to the Metro and Old Town Alexandria. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Marriott, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.