The Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle is a very clean, comfortable establishment. The staff was extraordinarily friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast and social hour saved us significant $ and was surprisingly good! My only complaint would be that the wine should be two glasses per guest/not per room ;).
The room was well-appointed, clean, in excellent condition. The close proximity of the King Street Metro Station made it easy to commute to the city for business and sight-seeing. Actually, the tracks run right next to the hotel, although one would never know it, because the rooms are so sound proof. Very quiet!
The staff comped our parking rate ($18/day) because we had requested a room on a low floor and by the time of our arrival, the fourth floor was as low as they could provide. We also had a problem when our wireless router burned out and could not be replaced for the duration of our stay. Again, the staff slashed our room rate. These accommodations made our stay pleasant in spite of the bumps.
I highly recommend this hotel for families, business travelers and tourists. Old Town Alexandria is a lovely stroll. Close proximity to Mt. Vernon and Arlington make this location ideal. And the Pentagon is very nearby, making it ideal for those weary business travelers.
Nice fitness area, although no pool, which could be a minus for the family with smaller children to entertain.
All in all, an excellent accommodation in the Greater DC Area!
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South At Carlyle Hotel
- Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South At Carlyle Hotel Alexandria
- Residence Inn Alexandria
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the growing Carlyle neighborhood just outside of historic Old Town Alexandria, Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle provides the perfect accommodations for corporate and leisure travelers visiting the Washington, D.C. area. This 15 floor hotel features 181 studio, one- and two- bedroom suites including complimentary Internet access and fully-equipped kitchens. Additional on-property amenities include 1,025 sq. ft. of meeting space, state-of-the-art fitness center, 24-hour market, and business center with print, copy, scan, and fax services. Along with well-appointed accommodations, guests enjoy complimentary daily hot breakfast and evening social hours (Monday-Thursday). Ideal for extended stays, guest laundry facilities and pet-friendly rooms are available. This Alexandria, VA hotel is conveniently located near two Metro stations, offering easy access to key area businesses and leading downtown Washington, DC destinations. The hotel provides complimentary shuttle service to the Metro and Old Town Alexandria. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.