“A really great room in a cool location.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and save 20%!
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
New Bethlehem, PA
“A really great room in a cool location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We had just finished up a week at the beach staying in a condo and had booked a room here on the way home. The stay did not start well. Didnt know where to park or unload at. Very confusing. And then, we found out it is $18 a day to park in the hotel garage. However, when we got to the room, it was impressive. Floor to ceiling window with a view out into Old Alexandria. Room was spacious and well decorated. Bed was comfortable. We were within walking distance of several restaurants and the hotel offers a shuttle service as well. All this plus breakfast. All things considered, this was a great place to stay in a cool neighborhood that we enjoyed walking in.

1 Thank Doug H

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My family always stays in Residence Inns and we never really have problems. The rooms are spacious and the breakfast comes in very handy when we eat downstairs. The strange thing is, how can you be in a place with so much to see and do and the hotel, not only doesn't have a directory, but employees seem a bit incredulous that you would ask for one. You don't know even the smallest things. Like that local calls from the hotel cost 79 cents each. Also $18 a day to park! Okay. But you can park a block away for $1 a day on weekends. At the very least make a weekend price adjustment. We also didn't know about the shuttle to the grocery store...Maybe because there was no directory.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jackie J
Lexington Park, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Room was clean upon arrival however after a long trip of traveling and even calling from car to make sure we were checked in we were told that the parking garage is full and only has limited space. Apparently whoever "checks in" first get privy to their garage which is outrageous. If a car leaves it should be opened up to all guests. We were asked to park a few hundred feet away form hotel and walk over. We finally were allowed into the garage and were told to see if any handicapped spots were available. So although rooms were nice I wouldn't go through the hassle again and it's a little further from Old Town Alexandria than we wanted. Not super far but just a little more than we wanted. In the future I will stay at their sister location on Duke St. Staff was trying to be accommodating as possible but just an unfortunate situation I suppose.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Lexington, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This place is newly renovated, modern, clean and up to date. My family (including 3 kids) spent a long weekend visiting DC and this was the perfect place to stay. It was away from the hustle and bustle of the city, but close enough that you could be in the city in less than 30 minutes (by Metro or car, metro preferrably b/c it's hard to find parking for your car and you have to pay to park just about everywhere). The beds were very comfy. We had a spacious 2 BR suite with a full kitchen, 2 baths, huge living room with a pull out couch. We've stayed in a lot of nice places and this one was right up there with the rest. The included breakfast was very nice as well. You could make yourself a waffle and they had many other hot items as well as cereals, breads, yogurts and fruit. I was thoroughly impressed with this hotel and the staff was very nice and helpful. I plan to stay here for sure when we return to the area. Oh and the price was extremely reasonable compared to comparable places in DC and other surrounding areas.

Room Tip: We had a spacious 2 BR corner room.
Harrisonburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Poor planning on my part - try to find a hotel around Washington D. C. during spring break and at the peak of the cherry blossom festival. All of my usual Hilton properties were full and we wanted to be somewhere in Old Town Alexandria. This Residence Inn was highly rated on TripAdvisor, and now I see why. Easy to find, convenient underground parking ($18), and a facility that looks to be brand-new. Stayed there for three days with my family and a dog. (Extra $150 cleanup charge for the dog).We had three rooms, each of which included a mini-kitchen and fold out bed. All rooms were immaculately clean and well-equipped. The hotel also included breakfast every morning and a "manager's reception" on Thursday night (trying to imitate Embassy Suites, I guess). Staff couldn't have been friendlier or more accommodating. About a five minute walk to the Eisenhower Avenue Metro station in case you want to go into D.C. Also a complimentary hotel shuttle for transporation downtown. We will definitely consider this hotel next time we visit Alexandria.

2 Thank tkdlr
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Immediately upon checking in, my room reeked of smoke. The hotel moved me, to a room that just smelled musty but not smokey and I wasn't in the mood to move again. Went out to put my full size vehicle in the underground parking garage and was barely able to fit it in, but was charged $18 a day for the priveledge. On the second night I needed the pullout and was disgusted to find a huge brown stain on the mattress. A call to the desk and I was told no clean mattresses were available, security stopped by a short time later with a mattress pad, I still wasn't using it, just gross.
The next day I asked the desk what they would do to compensate me, they waived the exhorbitant parking fee and put 10,000 points on my Marriot account. Wile it was an ok gesture, it doesn't make up for the inadequacies. Shop around, there are better places.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Rjv33
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Service is always very good. People are friendly and the location is great. Pam, Mike, Meaghan, and Miguel (all the front desk staff) work very hard to take care of people and the night auditor always ensures that my folio is correct. I truly feel like this is as close to a home-like feeling you can get away from home. The rooms are always clean and well maintained. They have a fantastic gym that allows even people with serious fitness goals stay on track. The grocery service is awesome as well. This hotel consistently exceeds my expectations. I stay at this location weekly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business