I recently traveled with my rather frail, elderly parents to DC to sightsee. I called the night before to confirm an accessible room. No problem. We had two 1 bedroom suites. They were roomy and well laid out for privacy, with the bathroom separate from bedroom and sink area separate from toilet/shower room. The desk staff was extremely friendly, helpful at every turn and responsive to our needs. My parents were thrilled with the visit and really appreciated the friendly service staff. I'm Platinum and asked for upgrade to 2 bedroom suite on the weekend (not available during week). It was awesome and we couldn't have been happier with our stay. I would especially like to recognize Pam, who seems to work 24 hours a day. I don't remember other names of desk staff, but kudos to all. Breakfast every day and social hour in evenings on Mon-Thurs was better than usual Residence Inn fare.
Warning, there is construction in the area. My GPS was confused a bit. I would recommend taking hotel shuttle to King Street. The driver knew short cuts to bypass the terrible traffic. That service ends at about 9 pm on weekends. We ended up walking back a little late after dinner one night (not the parents) and it was a nice walk. I know there is a metro station within walking distance but we had a car. Parking is rather expensive and the garage was full at times. We had handicap sticker so it didn't matter, but might be an issue.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South At Carlyle Hotel Alexandria
- Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South At Carlyle Hotel
- Residence Inn Alexandria
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the growing Carlyle neighborhood just outside of historic Old Town Alexandria, Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle provides the perfect accommodations for corporate and leisure travelers visiting the Washington, D.C. area. This 15 floor hotel features 181 studio, one- and two- bedroom suites including complimentary Internet access and fully-equipped kitchens. Additional on-property amenities include 1,025 sq. ft. of meeting space, state-of-the-art fitness center, 24-hour market, and business center with print, copy, scan, and fax services. Along with well-appointed accommodations, guests enjoy complimentary daily hot breakfast and evening social hours (Monday-Thursday). Ideal for extended stays, guest laundry facilities and pet-friendly rooms are available. This Alexandria, VA hotel is conveniently located near two Metro stations, offering easy access to key area businesses and leading downtown Washington, DC destinations. The hotel provides complimentary shuttle service to the Metro and Old Town Alexandria. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Marriott, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.