“Five Star Service Yet Again!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Columbia, Maryland
“Five Star Service Yet Again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

All I can say is that it is a rarity to find companies that deliver good solid customer service; however, Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle has done it once again!

I was due to fly out of Baltimore the other day; however, due to the snow that was approaching Chicago, I was re-routed to fly out of D.C. the following day. So I called Residence Inn and asked for the general manager Mr. Fournier and he put a very nice spacious room aside for me at a very affordable rate. Keywords: nice, spacious, and affordable!

Upon my arrival, I was greeted by Pam who handed me fresh baked cookies courtesy of Mr. Fournier and asked me what floor I would like my room to be on. Now, I am arriving later in the evening, tired and I am receiving red carpet treatment, why would I stay at any other hotel?! This hotel is WONDERFUL! The rooms are very spacious, clean and I check under beds and the rooms are spotless and the bed will make you fall asleep within five minutes so I refuse to look elsewhere.

The location is in a well-lite area, convenient to two Metro stops and Whole Foods is about four blocks away, it is a relief to a travelling single woman.

There are plenty of hotels in the area, but when you receive consistent, five star service, why look elsewhere?

Room Tip: I never had any problems with any of my rooms and I have stayed in various locations in the hotel...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
ResidenceInnCarlyle, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
MsTravel27,

Thank you again for another wonderful review. I certainly appreciate your business, and your loyalty to our property. I'm glad you had another great stay, and I hope to see you again when you're in the DC area!

Take care!

Jim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

Clean comfortable rooms, with an excellent breakfast buffet. Close to the Metro and good restaurants. Nice fitness room, aerobic gear has individual TVs. Factor parking into your overall costs. We will come back.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
TLCJJB,
Thank you for your review of the Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. I am very pleased you enjoyed the comfort of our rooms, complimentary breakfast and our finess center. I'm also glad you found our location to your liking.
Thank you again, and I hope to see you soon when your travels bring you to the Alexandria area!

Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

We just held a company leadership offsite at this venue and what a great experience. The staff was helpful, delivered services we requested and made this a superb function for our company.

Room Tip: Close to the Metro so any room is great.
Hello Kerry Q,

Thank you very much for your five star review of the Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle! I am very pleased to read your comments about the staff service, location and most importantly, that the company function was a success!

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Garner, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

My Mom and I stayed at the Residence Inn Old Town South for an overnight getaway. The service was wonderful! I loved the fact that they offered shuttle service to the Metro and Old Town. Parking was easy ($18 per night, but it's hard to beat the convenience), breakfast was great, and the room was wonderful! Very clean and well decorated, our King suite fit our needs well. The was a kitchnette, and a writing tablet for making grocery shopping lists. The Residence Inn will do your grocery shopping for you at no charge! The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful in helping us navigate our unfamiliar surroundings. There is an IMAX movie theater and several restaurants within walking distance. There is also a convenience store and a Whole Foods nearby. Old Town Alexandria was awesome! Beautiful place to walk, eat, and browse. There is a free trolley that runs up and down King Street with numerous stops along the way. Overall, I have no complaints and only praises for this Residence Inn!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1311, which is near the top floor and on the opposite side of the Metro which pass...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
ResidenceInnCarlyle, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Hi theonlyregina!

Thank you for your review! I am very happy to read your comments about your recent stay and I'm glad we received such praise! :)

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to the Alexandria area.

Ps. I'm very familiar with Willow Spring....a great town!
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

My husband was assigned the Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle when doing a 30-day training in Northern Virginia. I joined him for the last week of his time. He had been bragging on the room and service, and I completely agree. Very spacious. Lots of drawer space, but closet way too small. In-room kitchen has microwave, stove-top, large refrigerator, and dishwasher. Essential utensils for light cooking. Cleaning staff outstanding and unobtrusive. Laundry room available, but laundry/cleaners same-day service available. Breakfast/dinner food adequate--standard fare, but kitchen personnel always pleasant and helpful. Front desk staff, especially Pam, extended themselves to provide best experience possible. Very convenient to two Metro lines--easy in and out of Washington, DC. We highly recommend this hotel, and we would stay there again.

Hello Peggywelch60,

Thank you very much for your review of the Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful five star review. I am glad we were able to make your husbands 30 day visit as comfortable as possible, and I'm happy you were also able to enjoy the last week of the trip.

Thanks again, and we hope to see you again!

st louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

Have steyed three times in the past year at the Residence Inn Alexandria. Have had excellent servie checking in and checking out with no difficulty, Exercise facilities are excellent and rooms are always clean.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

From check-in to check-out the service was top-notch! My room request was met and the cleanliness made me feel right at home. The morning breakfast and evening meal were always a welcome a satisfying dining arrangement after my long days.

Thank you and your personnel for showing me what "TRUE" customer service is. Your establishment will be the only place I stay when my travels bring me back to Alexandria. Have a great week, and thanks once again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle? Share your experiences!