We had 3 adults and one older teen staying in the 2 bedroom suite: each suite with it's own bathroom. The suite had a common living room and a Kitchen with a Fridge, microwave, and dishwasher. It was a nice size for the four of us, and it was clean and well kept. Dishes and utensils provided, ice in the freezer, all spotless! The air conditioning worked very well, but was too noisy to keep on at night in the bedrooms, so we just let the living room zone run and ran the ceiling fans in the bedrooms to circulate the cool air. This worked fairly well. At the Homewood suites you get breakfast from 7am to 9:30am, nice assortment of Hot and cold foods. Make your own Belgium waffles, and rotating choices of scrambled eggs, sausages, danishes, fresh fruit, toast, bagels, juices, milks, and coffee, coffee, coffee (decaf, regular, robust), tea and hot water for hot cocoa. Monday thru Thursday you can also get free dinner until 7pm. Same type of set up, i.e. Raviolis with both Alfredo and marinara sauces, bread sticks, salad bar, and a couple of sides...very nice way to save money. Our cleaning staff was proficient and did a good job. The hotel was renovating so at 8am sharp they started banging on the side of the building putting up new siding etc...annoyed my college co-ed, but, hey, we weren't in town to sleep! Overall four solid stars. I would stay there again. As an added bonus, they ran a free shuttle every 15 mins down to the King Street Metro station, and for $57 you can get an unlimited metro pass for 7 days. train, bus, everything..a good deal in DC...so the transportation was convenient. The King street trolley is completely free from the station down to the shopping area and the waterfront as well. We were also able to do a load of laundry in the coin laundry on site, while lounging at the pool, and working out in the workout room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Homewood Suites Alexandria is located just 6 miles away from the National Mall in Washington DC and 4 miles from Old Town Alexandria. Our spacious apartment style suites feature a private bedroom and a full equipped kitchen. Enjoy our complimentary Hot Breakfast Buffet served every day and our delicious Evening Reception Monday-Thursdays. Ride in our free shuttle to the King Street Metro Station and to The Village at Shirlington; please call the hotel directly for details. Feel like home at the Homewood Suites Alexandria while you are in town for business or leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Homewood Suites Alexandria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Alexandria Hotel Alexandria
- Homewood Alexandria
- Alexandria Homewood Suites