“Fabulous location and stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and save 15%
Ranked #4 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
St. Louis, Missouri
“Fabulous location and stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We chose this particular hotel for many reasons; convenience to the King Street Metro station with the hotel's free shuttle, free parking, complimentary breakfast AND dinner, kitchenettes, privacy in a suite, and more. This location is well appointed and very open and large. Their complimentary meals are a huge bonus when traveling and the choices are quite varied and plentiful. You can't go hungry! It's a nice money saver with a family. There is a nice, clean pool with a lifeguard on duty. There's also a nice workout room and hot tub. Laundry facilities are included as well. This is a perfect place to stay for any length of time. The staff is friendly and very helpful and made us feel at home. We love Homewood Suites and this location is an example of why we do!

272 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Crawford, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is our second stay here in the month of July. The first time, we can for a few nights and had a spectatular stay. In fact, were I writing this based on our last stay, I'd give the hotel a "5." We were so happy previously that we booked again, this time for a long stay of 8 nights. Excited at first to be back, we discovered that the hotel has initiated a siding and roofing project that has turned our quiet sanctuary of a room into the inner chamber of a bass drum. Being on the fifth and top floor, exacerbates the challenges and the front desk people are working hard to have us moved. Still, I am troubled that they would assign this room to someone as if everything was rosy and perfect, as it was our last stay. This is not the same experience we had several weeks ago and the hotel shouldn't act as if it is. We'll see how we fare on a lower room, assuming they get us moved some time soon, and if the noise level is any better. For the time being, I'm sitting at a desk in the room working and hoping to not get too startled the next time they drop a load of roofing tiles over my head!

I guess a five last time and a one this time equals a three overall.

Room Tip: Ask in advance of any construction plans and choose a room accordingly.
Fresno, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was my second stay at this Homewood and is a great option for when the one in D.C. and most other places are booked when you must travel for business. You can take the free shuttle to the King Street Metro stop and ride in D.C. from there. Great muffins.

Minnetonka, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I truly enjoyed my recent stay at Homewood Suites in Alexandria, VA. Usually I stay at the Hilton Mark Center in Alexandria when traveling for business, but I am glad I got to experience Homewood Suites this time. Outstanding customer service, large/nice suite, pool, fitness center, free wifi, complementary breakfast, complementary dinner buffet, close to my office -- I couldn't have asked for more.

Arlington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel AND the hotel's above-and-beyond staff. I miss these kind people! They became my friends, almost my family. I miss them, especially in the morning and evening. The hotel is clean and airy/open, the atmosphere is homey, my rating is 10+

Aurora, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We'd never stayed at a Homewood Suite in the past. We were looking for a little extra room for a week long vacation for our family. The suite was perfect for us, giving us some much needed extra room to relax away from the kids. Being able to make a quick meal in the kitchenette was an added bonus. All the breakfasts were hot and appetizing. We took advantage of the dinner service and found it very convenient after a long day of sightseeing. We would definitely stay at another Homewood Suite in the future.

York PA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I've stayed at several Homewood Suites and this was the best of them. The complimentary breakfast was standard (scrambled eggs, sausage, cereals, waffles, fruit, yogurt, toast, etc.). The A/C kicked on a bit loud, since the unit was in the bedroom, and some delivery vehicles got in the way of guest parking. But all in all, it was very pleasant and clean, with a well-equipped kitchen.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Been to Homewood Suites Alexandria? Share your experiences!