“Great Find” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hank's Oyster Bar

Hank's Oyster Bar
1026 King St, Ste 1, Alexandria, VA 22314-6710 (Old Town)
703-739-4265
Neighborhood: Old Town
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

My daughter flew into Reagan National and I asked her to find a place in the area for a quick, but nice, birthday meal. She located the Hank's in Dupont Circle, but the one in Alexandria was a better location for our drive home so we chose it. What a great find! Super service, terrific food, easy parking, good prices, nice ambiance...what more could we ask for?

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Alexandria, Virginia
“A great mix of simple and complex dishes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

You can get a clam platter or squash soup and seasonal plates so everyone in your group cam be happy. It is usually crowded, so get there early. No reservations.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Larchmont, New York, United States
“My Favorite Local Haunt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

When I have a craving for raw oysters, this is my go-to spot, and it does not disappoint. The simple presentation, fresh oysters (usually six a night, which you can order a-la-carte), and other delicious items like seared scallops and a terrific lobster roll with french fries make it a winner! Try the key lime pie. The cocktails are also strong and delicious. If you're lucky, Tom will be bartending -- he's the best! To minimize your wait time, call ahead when you're on your way to be put on the waiting list in advance. (Hank's doesn't take reservations.)
Note, the restaurant is loud and a little cramped, but nonetheless family-friendly. We have had great luck bringing our (well-behaved) toddler for an early dinner. It doesn't hurt that goldfish crackers are set out on your table when you arrive!

Visited October 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Quaint spot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We had a nice late lunch at Hank's and enjoyed the food and atmosphere. Definitely a great place to drop in when walking around Old Town!

Visited December 2012
New York City
“Good food, ok price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stopped in for a late lunch on a Sunday so it was not so busy. We had no trouble getting seated. The oysters were fresh and tasted great. I also had the Lobster Bisque which was a little different than what I am used to. It is less creamy and more like a tomato soup than the usual bisque but it was not bad. I enjoyed the tangy taste and it was light. We also had the oyster po boy which was tasty with big fat oysters. The lobster roll was nice and big, so I appreciated that. Steamed mussels was not that great, I did not really like the broth. Was on a bit of a salty side for me. The price overall was ok, not cheap by any means but it is what I expected to pay for this type of food. We paid about $100 for lunch for 3 people with tips. The service was ok, not the most attentive but I am actually ok with that. I don't like people to hover over me while I eat. The staff was around for me to flag them down if I needed anything. overall I would recomend this place.

• Visited October 2013