“Good location made for a great trip.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Oregon, Ohio
“Good location made for a great trip.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We stayed at the Old Colony Inn for 5 nights in May, 2014. The location was excellent. We parked the car and didn't need it until we left. The shuttle took us to and from the Metro station which we used to sightsee and go to a Nationals ballgame. The hotel is a little dated, by that I mean small room, no fridge, and very cramped bathroom. But, it was clean, the staff was friendly, and the breakfast was very good. I would definitely stay there again. I only gave it 4 stars because I think it could use a cosmetic remodel and it is on a service road, which did make it kind of hard to find. The price was also good, as the area is quite expensive. No elevator, which didn't bother us; it might some. No pool, either, or much lounging area in general.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Shelby C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Old Colony Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Sue B,
I am so glad you came and stayed with us while visiting Washington DC. I am happy to hear that our staff made you stay pleasant and was giving you the kind of service you deserve. We are a older hotel as is most the buildings down here in Old Town Alexandria. But just to let you know we are starting on renovations to make improvements. So yes, please come back and visit again and see what we are doing.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Hialeah, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My son and I had a great trip to Washington D.C. The hotel staff and drivers were very friendly and helpful. They picked me up from airport, they took me to the subway and it was very convenient. from the subway i went to King Street, Pentagon, Arlington Cemetary and to Smithonians. My flight was later that day and they still took care of us. Even though we checked out. They let me keep my bags and gave me a ride to the subway and they picked us up and took us to the airport upon departure. The rooms were clean and the breakfast was great.

Offenbach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed four night in the Best Western Old Colony Inn on my trip to the D.C. area. The hotel is conveniently located just 5 Miles from the National Mall. A scheduled shuttle bus connects the hotel with Braddock Road Metro station; on the way back I had to call the hotel for a shuttle, which arrived minutes after the call.
Breakfast is above Best Western standard. The offered a good choice of juices, coffee, cereals, bread and hot items (changing daily).
The room was clean and quiet. As the hotel is located on a bypass of Washington Parkway, traffic is not too noisy.
Internet connection was fast and stable. Parking is free; some lots are even covered. I will definitely stay here again on my next D.C. trip.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stayed at this Best Western for 5 days while sightseeing the Washington DC area. The location is very convenient to the subway into DC and also close to the night life on King Street. We have two small children 7 and 3. Normally we opt for the suite when staying at a hotel, but for some reason this Best Western does not have any. Need less to say with two double beds and four of us in the room it was a little cramped. There is no refrigerator or microwave in the room and the ice is dispensed in plastic baggies from a freezer by the back door (thought this to be a little hokey).

Dear JasonbP5527XN,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am glad to hear you came to visit our nations capital and enjoyed some of the fun down on King Street. You are correct, we do not have suites at our hotel. Sorry, we could have provided you with a refrigerator if we had known you wanted one. For the ice bags, we do not have an ice machine right now but still wanted our guest to have ice if they wanted it. So that is why we provided it in bags.
Hope you come back and visit the area again.
Atlanta, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We had a pleasant stay at this hotel. The bed was very comfortable, plenty of towels, air conditioning competent. The electric outlet for the lamp was an extension cord that came through the wall... I requested a cot when I reserved, but it wasn't in the room - we had to ask for it. Staff are very pleasant, breakfast choices OK - some hot items.

Palm Desert, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I have stayed here several times, but this will be last one. Rooms are ok, but bathroom is pretty bad and does not appear to be properly maintained. Skip the breakfast - it is not worth it. If you rely on the shuttle to take you to the subway, tell the front desk: The information sheet in the room may say that the shuttle leaves for the subway on the hour and half-hour, but that is just on paper!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Bente J,
I just wanted to let you know that we do take our comments from our guest very seriously. Yes we know our bathrooms are dated and we have stared renovations on them this month. As far as the Shuttle goes, that is their schedule but sometimes they get off schedule when waiting on guest at the airport or if someone miss the shuttle and has to be taken somewhere right away. I know that puts them off schedule but we try to do what we can to make our guest stay pleasant.
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

The rooms are clean and good sized. The beds are comfortable. Free parking. Complimentary breakfast is an expanded continental one with the typical fare and a different hot entree each day. Complimentary shuttle to Old Town Alexandria and the Metro Station. The staff was friendly and went out of their way to to make your stay an enjoyable experience. There is a DVD lending library and a DVD player in every room. Two "negatives": there is no elevator however the staff offers to assist with carrying your luggage up and down the stairs and there is no microwave or refrigerator in the rooms however there is a microwave available in the lobby area. I would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Old Colony Inn? Share your experiences!