“A Hidden Good Deal in heart of Old Town, Alexandria” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
BEST VALUE RATE BOOK NOW
Ranked #21 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“A Hidden Good Deal in heart of Old Town, Alexandria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Great rates,rooms, free breakfasts,and free parking in the heart of old town, Alexandria,VA. This is a really good deal BUT you will have to play 'hide and seek' to find it after you book and recheck your hotel reservation with them just before going there. This property gets high high marks for value. The biggest problem is that it is very difficult to find, even though it's legal address says Wash. St., you can neither see it or enter it from there. It is about two stories only; the rooms are nice enough and the location excellent. As long as you get really good directions there, this is an outstanding value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Decatur, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed here based on TA reviews and the recommendation of a friend who stays here. Very pleased with the facility. Within easy walking distance of King St food and shops. Shuttle service to the Metro and other areas. Much better than average breakfast. Large room with fast WIFI. Good parking. Clean and comfortable. What more do you need?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Silverton, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Well. I guess I should preface this review with: I generally stay at Marriott's. I selected this property because Marriott was very expensive compared to Best Western. This is an older property. It needs some repairs. There is no elevator. Having said that, we did have a pleasant time at this property and the owner/manager made every effort to accommodate us. By this I mean, the first room we were put into had a problem with a light in the sink area that could not turn off. Blue tape stuck over the switch and said: DO NOT TOUCH. I called the front desk but the clerk said they were sold out and couldn't change our rooms that first evening. The light was bright and drifted into the bedroom causing me to put pillows over my head to block the light. However, the next morning, I took pictures of the switch to the front desk and the owner/manager seemed appalled that we'd put in that room. She agreed to move us to another room, discounted our rate for the first night by 50% and also discounted the second night by a little. I felt her efforts to make things right were more than expected. So on those grounds, I really enjoyed the service. I've rated it lower because of the age of the rooms (they could use some updating). We were staying there to see the area and we spent little time in our room. The breakfast was fine. It was within walking distance ( for us--about one mile) to King Street. The hotel provided shuttle service to King Street and Braddock Station on the day we wanted to take the metro into Washington, D.C. I guess I just felt the original price for the room was high based upon the condition of the property. But we are from Oregon. Alexandria is expensive. This was the cheapest name brand property I could find (using AAA). Would I stay here again? Yes, if the price was reasonable, because the staff was friendly and accommodating. This Best Western was clean and we did sleep well the second night. I think it just depends on what kinds of hotels you are used to. This wasn't really a vacation property. It was a trip property. By that I mean if you are sightseeing and spending very little time there, it is a great place to rest your head. If you are using this as your primary place to vacation, I'd be disappointed. But that's me.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank atwell4
Shelby C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Old Colony Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
First of all I would like to thank you for giving us a review. It was nice to hear that you enjoyed you time with us here at the Best Western Old Colony Inn. I am sorry about the light and I am glad we could get it taken care of for you. If you have a chance to come back to Alexandria, please come see us again.
Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our six day stay. The hotel location could not have been better. The availability of the shuttle within a two mile radius was great. Staff could not have been any nicer, always a smile and answers. We will be back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Shelby C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Old Colony Inn, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear John G.,
Thank you so much for your comments. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Best Western Old Colony Inn. We will be waiting for you to come on back to home away from home.
See you next time,
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We traveled to Washing Dc Aug 25 for 4 days and booked Best Western Old Colony Inn in Alexandria for our trip. We had the most enjoyable stay at this hotel. The people there made you feel right at home.The hotel was very clean and well maintained. The shuttle service to the Metro and to Old Town was as good as it could be.The hot breakfast every morning was very good. The ladies at the front desk were very nice and fun to talk to. I would stay there again and send others there also.

Marietta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Highly recommend... I plan on staying at this hotel whenever I am in town and will recommend to all my friends and family when visiting Washington DC or Alexandria.... it's located in the perfect area of the city, we were able to walk back after dinner and visiting the river... the linens were soft and inviting and the bed very comfortable...I wish I had stayed my entire trip in the hotel

Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Although this hotel is older, it is clean and well maintained and quiet with good beds. The staff was wonderful: helpful and courteous. The breakfasts (we had 3) varied each day and were substantial and delicious. We especially appreciated the shuttle service. It runs every 30 minutes in the morning to the Metro stations, but in the afternoon, we guests could just call the hotel and the shuttle van would pick us up. I did that while shopping on King Street in the southern end of town. Within 5 minutes, the van was there to pick me up. The only drawback to this hotel is the lack of refrigerators in the rooms. Ice was available in bags in a freezer on the first floor. We appreciated the recliner chair in our room and the covered parking area. We would stay here again because the shuttle makes it possible to easily go into D.C. on the Metro or to shop or eat in Alexandria.

• 5 of 5 stars
Shelby C, Manager at BEST WESTERN Old Colony Inn, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Marge_675,
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you had time to enjoy the surrounding area and do some shopping on King Street. Please come back and stay with us again when you are in the area. Let us know if you need a refrigerator and we will take care of you.