“best time” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
usa
“best time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband and I took my grandson to Washington Dc for a trip. We stood at the hotel the service and staff was excellent even the breakfast they served every morning. The rooms also were very clean they also had service to and from the train station. I would go back and stay their again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Shelby C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Old Colony Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
First of all I would like to thank you for filling out a review for us at the Best Western Old Colony Inn. We like to hear from our guest and know they had a good time while here. I hope your grandson enjoyed visiting Washington DC. Come back and see us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I can forgive anything as long as the bed is comfortable. Not only was the bed amazing, there was nothing to forgive! The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The rooms were quiet. Free breakfast that was so much more the coffee and bagels! Free shuttle bus to catch the metro into DC. Walking distance to restaurants and shopping. Did I say the bed was comfortable. My 8 y/o nephew even hugged the bed and said "I'm going to miss you" when we left! Very clean, affordable.

Room Tip: Second floor, over the garage. No noise at all!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel is in a great location. It is walking distance to all of the shops, restaurants and the waterfront. However, if you do not want to walk, the hotel offers a free shuttle to anyplace within a 3-mile radius of the hotel.

The hotel building appears to be very old, but well maintained. The staff at the front desk were very friendly. There was only one staff member that had a hard time answering any of our questions about the local area. I was a bit surprised that she was not more knowledgeable, but it was ok. It did not ruin our trip.

The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. We did have a bit of a problem with the remote control to the tv, Even after getting new batteries from the front desk, it only worked part of the time we were there.

We plan to return to Alexandria sometime in March and will probably stay here again. Although there are fancier hotels in the area, I just love the location of this one, and the rate is very reasonable.

Room Tip: The hotel does not have an elevator, so if you have mobility issues, please request a room on the fi...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Parkton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed at the Old Colony Inn while attending a conference at a nearby hotel, The price was much lower than the other hotels in the area and I also got free parking and free breakfast. The breakfast included waffles fruit, biscuits cereal and a number of other items. Most of the other hotels in the immediate area charge a lot for parking

The hotel is in an upscale residential neighborhood with nearby shops and restaurants. I was able to take brick walkways most of the way from my hotel to the conference hotel. There is an attractive riverwalk nearby.

The bed was quite comfortable. The room did not have a refrigerator or microwave, but there is a microwave available off the hotel lobby.

The staff at the hotel made extra efforts to help out in a variety of ways.

If I am in the area again I would definitely choose this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We spent 4 nights here while enjoying the attractions in the Washington, DC area. I am so glad I selected this hotel. Although it is older it is still a good value for your money. It is close to the Metro and the hotel shuttle was very handy. This area of old town Alexandria is very nice and quaint. We could walk a couple of blocks to a couple of very good restaurants.The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The facility is clean. The rooms were spacious and clean. The comlimentary breakfast was decent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus,WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

What a neat little hotel! This hotel is in the historic residential district of Alexandria Virginia just a few miles south of DCA. Beautifully situated among red brick row houses, cobblestone sidewalks and about 4 blocks from a park and riverwalk on the Potomac. They offer a free shuttle to and from the airport (about a 10 minute ride) and to the Braddock Rd. Metro station about a mile away. It took about 20 minutes on the Metro to get to the National Mall and Smithsonian museums. Possibly the quietest hotel I have ever stayed in. Free breakfast and Wi/Fi. The rooms (only 49 of them) are average but clean and well maintained. The only negative among the many positives of this hotel was the desk clerks. Literally not one, "Thank You", "good morning" or "hello" during our entire stay. The rest of the staff made up for them though especially the joke telling shuttle driver. :)

Conway, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I am from South Carolina and travel at least five times a year throughout the south east. I would NEVER EVER stay at a Best Western Hotel. I usually book rooms at Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites or Courtyard by Marriott. Because of an event in town, those hotels were booked. I needed to reserve at least six rooms immediately. Therefore, I was forces to notice the reviews for Best Western. I don't think I will stay at another Best Western. When I return to the DC area in the fall, I will definitely return to this hotel. It was conveniently located off of 95/495. The employees were extremely helpful in assisting me with directions. Before checking in, I requested rooms on the first floor to assist one of my aunts that has complications with her knees. June, accommodated my family by reserving the other six (6) rooms on the first floor. It has only been one day and I have recommended this hotel to more than four friends that are frequent visitors to the area. My only disappointment was the breakfast. I read a review that it was a "hot breakfast". Unfortunately, it was continental breakfast. This would, definitely, not stop me from returning as a guest !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Old Colony Inn? Share your experiences!