“Great value” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #23 of 49 hotels in Alexandria

281 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

had a great stay here, though only there for one night. just on the edge of old town, a little hard to get to if you don't know where you're going. Loved the snack kitchen and the free parking (most old town hotels charge $20+ per night), also liked that it had fewer rooms than most other places. Was in town for business, and it fit my needs perfectly. I did have to wait 10 minutes for someone to show up at the front desk to check me in at 9 pm, but the staff was nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Good neighborhood, mostly very kind employees, fabulous snack kitchen, hot breakfast, clean. Guests are inconsiderate by slamming doors, but that's not the hotel's fault. There are no closers on the doors, so it is totally the guests lack of concern for others.

Room Tip: All seemed good to me.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The staff was nice and courteous. My only complaint was that I asked for an early AM wake up call and it was not made. My phone was supposed to ring at 5:30 and it did not. Fortunately I woke up on my own to catch my early morning flight.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The rooms are average, no frills, no refrigerator in room, old fashioned heaters. We stayed 4 nights in November 2012. A shuttle was always around to take us to the Metro, which is close by, also took us to dinner. Grocery store is only two blocks away. Breakfast was fine. The snacks available in the kitchen were outstanding. It made traveling easier to have snacks ready for you from chips to granola bars to juices an, waters and sodas. I would stay again, the hotel is in good location for visitors to the area. Staff was very nice to us throughout the weekend.

las vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel is a decent old place. For an overnight-er, this is a good find. The room is not new but managed to be clean. There's coffee/tea maker in the room, iron and board, blow dryer, and nice channel selection on tv... but the big PLUS, and what everybody is delighted about, is the open kitchen on the second floor. It was really a good thing especially for us when we came in midnight and too tired to go out to grab a bite. The noodles was there to save the night! chips, granola bars, peanuts, coffee, juice, yogurt, ice cream and more nick knacks..for free!
Will do a short stay here again when given the chance.

Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed 2 nights in November. This is a really nice hotel in a real nice part of town. Very convenient as well as it is located at the end of the George Washington Memorial Parkway. A very easy drive to Arlington National Cemetery. It is also located close to the Braddock Road Metrorail station and they have a shuttle that will drive you there and they picked us up very promptly when we returned from a day of sightseeing. Alexandria is a great town and the hotel is in the older, upscale area of town. it is close to restaurants and a grocery store and a "package store" are a short walk away. The room was large, clean, and really, the location could not be better. For the price we paid, it was a good value for Washington. The breakfast was great and the snack room one of the best I have ever experienced. What really soured me on the experience was the sort of laissez faire attitude about some of the problems we experienced. There was no heat in our room so we had to be moved the first night. I reconfirmed the change of room for the wake-up call, but it never came the next morning. It could have ruined our day, but luckily I awoke about 20 minutes after the original and we made our train to Washington. The next morning the wake-up call came at 4 rather than 5 and I had a 10 hour drive ahead of me. The coffee machine in the snack room ( fantastic snack room) did not work for the entire stay so no coffee. I would have given this hotel a higher rating except for what I perceived to be the uncaring attitude for my troubles. I appreciate there can be snags, but like anything else in life when there are negative consequences - one pays attention. Someone should have offered a discount on the stay or some extra points for all the inconveniences - that would have been good customer service - I am a top tier member of their rewards program - they should have recognized that loyalty to the brand. It was not forthcoming just an "canned" marketing type e-mail thanking us for pointing out the challenges - a very weak response for all our challenges

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Old Colony Inn? Share your experiences!