“Great hotel all the way around!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Old Town/Southwest

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Old Town/Southwest to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Old Town/Southwest
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2700 Eisenhower Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22314   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Save up to 15% off
Ranked #26 of 49 Hotels in Alexandria
“Great hotel all the way around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed for four nights and this hotel may seem far from the, "tourist attractions", but the metro is nearby (walking distance) and they have a shuttle that takes you there. The shuttle also takes you to other locations (theatre, 7-11, etc.) The shuttle also stops at a hotel down the road, which may delay your pick-up. We never waited more than 10 minutes for the shuttle. We couldn't be happier with our stay. The staff was warm and welcoming, even when arriving very late and checking out extremely early. We had breakfast and dinner at the bistro in the hotel and the food was great as well. The room/floor was quiet and extremely clean.

Room Tip: All of the floors seemed quiet. We stayed on the fourth floor.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Business travel. Staff very friendly and helpful. Very close to Olde Town. First time in Alexandria, VA. Free parking. They had a breakfast but we didn't use it. At check-in, I was a little early but the staff was awesome and had our room ready.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the parking garage is the best for not a lot of noise
Green Features: I stayed here with my husband while he had business to attend. Staff was excellent. Very friendly and helpful.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I cannot recommend this hotel. The total charges to my credit card mismatched the itemized charges by $0.01. For business travel, I need to itemize the charges, and this one penny discrepancy gave me a huge headache. It was absolutely painful trying to get it resolved with Marriott and with the local management. I got some explanation that it was a rounding issue with their computer systems...

Also, the bed smelled faintly of cigarette smoke, which is a huge turnoff for me.
The shuttle service gives you a ride to Eisenhower metro stop, but should give you a ride to Old Town Alexandria metro stop.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Beaufort, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First time in D.C. to see the sights. Hotel worked out great for easy access to Metro system.
Breakfast in the morning was good. Best thing, free overnight parking. Would come back to this place again.

Room Tip: Get a Smartcard for the Metro system.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I recommend staying at another hotel. At reservation, we requested a king size bed and non-feather pillows. At check-in, we were told our room was given to someone else and they had no kings remaining. They never called to tell us or suggest another Marriott property. Ample parking at the hotel is beside, behind, and under the building. Unfortunately, the elevator in the garage does not work; so had to walk around half the building and up the ramp to get to the room. Cleaning team came in after knocking despite the do not disturb sign on the door. They reimbursed points for the problems

• Stayed September 2014
Monica L, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Old Town/Southwest, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Good Afternoon,
Thank you for taking the time share your feedback with us. I apologize for the inconveniences that endured while visiting our property and can certainly understand your frustration.
Your valuable feedback helps us to identify our challenges so that we can improve our guests' experience at our hotel.
Thank you again and please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Warm Regards,

Monica Lynott
Assistant General Manager
703-329-2323
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is a standard courtyard, not fancy but a great value for the money. I paid $84 for a Friday night stay. The location is not very good, but I was there to see family who live nearby. At that price I will be visiting more often! Service was up to usual Mariott standards.

• Stayed September 2014
Bluffton, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When in Alexandria my usual choice is this Courtyard as it is very well located, excellently staffed with personable and attentive men and women. I find it a very welcoming atmosphere.

I do not believe there is a better value in the Washington area.

On this most recent trip, my lovely room was not equipped with the small refrigerator I have come to expect. The front desk manager explained that my floor was scheduled to be outfitted in the near future, but, he had engineering find a refrigerator for me and had it in my room within minutes.

The hotel van was prompt at all times that I needed it . This Courtyard will never let you down.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Old Town/Southwest? Share your experiences!