“Stay away from rooms near the stairwell!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Old Town/Southwest

You added Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Old Town/Southwest to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Old Town/Southwest
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2700 Eisenhower Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22314   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Bloomfield, New Jersey
“Stay away from rooms near the stairwell!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

This hotel is nice however they stuck me at the end of the hallway near the stairwell. At first I thought the noise I was hearing was the TV from the room next door and that it would eventually go off at bedtime. However it wasn't till really late that I realized the noise was coming from some type of wind noise tunnel in the stairway. Made noise all night and I had one of the worst nights of sleep in my life. So stay away from any of the rooms that are on the end closest to the stairway. My room was 402. I think the one across the hall from me was 401 so just stay away from the rooms near stairway.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms ending in '02' and '01' (e.g. 401, 402....)
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
AJ R, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Old Town/Southwest, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
I just wanted to start off by saying thank you for taking the time to sit and review your stay with us here at the Alexandria Courtyard. I am very sorry to hear that you did not have the best experience with us and were unable to get enough rest. Our goal to to make sure that our guests are happy and have everything that they need to have the most enjoyable stay. This is the first time that I have heard of a noise that was coming from the stairwell that has kept our guests awake at night. This is a situation that we will look into as our rooms at the end of the hallways are some of our better rooms as they are a little bigger, has a mini refrigerator, and are away from the ice machines. If, you get the chance some time soon to call the hotel it would be my pleasure to hear more about your stay and the issue that you had in more detail. Again, I am very sorry that you did not have the best experience with us, but I know next time you will have a much better one.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I stayed for one night during a visit to family in D.C. The hotel is a little way out of the District, but the metro station is a short walk. In addition, there is a free hotel shuttle. A big plus is that parking is available for no charge, which is somewhat rare in D.C. That more than made up for not being in the heart of the District. Additionally, it is only one metro stop from Old Town, which is a great place to visit.
The staff was excellent. Check-in was done quickly, and the person at the desk gave us a very warm welcome, When we asked for directions to the metro, the staff member had phone in hand to call for the shuttle before our request was completed. When we explained that we wanted to walk, we were given a map with directions highlighted.
The room was clean, tastefully appointed and a nice size (one king bed). We spent very little time there, but were impressed by the size of the bathroom, and enjoyed a good night's sleep in a comfortable bed. The free wifi was also appreciated.
We did not eat at the hotel and didn't have time to check out any of the facilities, but for our purposes, the hotel provided a great night's stay at a reasonable price. I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Bobby B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Old Town/Southwest, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thanks for the great feedback, Jane'04!

We hope to see you again soon!
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stayed one evening, and really enjoyed the hotel and the staff. The location is convenient to Old Town, Club Carlisle, Metro, Amtrak, and many attractions. The property was clean and a very nice place. I recommend this property and would also stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Lois6848 - Thanks for the great feedback!
Franklin, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

unfortunately when you stay somewhere they fail to tell you if the breakfast is included with the stay. I went and grabbed bacon, eggs and bread for a whopping $28 dollars! I paid of course but felt overwhelmed, disappointed and concerned. When I booked it they said, "breakfast was included," but when I paid for it I thought, "What?!!"

Whatever, all I know is Hampton Inn is much better, sorry to compare, but I got give this a whirl so that other families or folks looking to stay won't be caught off guard.

Room Tip: The view was outstanding
Green Features: it's ok, the staff were friendly. The service was ok, not excellent, but ok.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Monica L, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Old Town/Southwest, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Good Evening Wendy,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay with us.
I apologize about your experience in our bistro and can certainly understand your frustration, especially if yo were told that breakfast was included. Some of our rates are inclusive of breakfast, however the majority of our rates are not inclusive of breakfast. I would be happy to look into the matter further to try and resolve this.
Please contact me directly at the hotel.

Monica Lynott
Assistant General Manager
703-329-2323
monica.lynott@marriott.com
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I was expecting a run down hotel and of course my expectations were exceeded. Way nicer rooms than I expected! The cafe area is really nice place to eat. Glad I made the right choice. I stayed for only a night but I didn't want to leave!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Hi 336_Lucy_336!

No need to worry, you can come back any time! Thanks for the great feedback!
Brunswick, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very nice and in a very good location. It was convenient to several restaurants as well as to the Metro. I have no complaints about the room other than two things, that we did not report to mgt. First, the shower did not fully engage when changing from the tub. Second, a corner tile in the bathroom was broken and should have been noticed and repaired.

Helpful hints: The shuttle was fast. It may even be available after 10:45PM, which was the official close of business. Just call and ask! Second, the Metro station was .35 miles from the hotel and could be walked if the shuttle was not available (which I would be surprised). Also, note that there is no free breakfast there, but there is a Starbucks and breakfast for purchase until 9:30AM

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for the great feedback, BSCOTTHOME!

We'll ensure engineering take a look at those issues!
Wildwood Crest, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

This hotel was a great option both in location and cost for my family to attend the Cherry Blossom events. Its convenient to the metro station and Old Town Alexandria. We were able to visit DC and enjoy the Cherry Blossom activities (i.e. parade) as well as take in local restaurants in Old Town Alexandria. The staff was helpful and very friendly. I would recommend this hotel to my friends and will plan to stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thanks FP208!

We look forward to seeing you next year!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Old Town/Southwest? Share your experiences!