Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark
Ranked #37 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Chenai
“Good place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice to stay. Little far from W DC. Very close to big shopping center to pick your food and fruits. Nice Kitchen. Front desk service is good and friendly. No Gym and no swimming pool. It is good for business travel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Suresh - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our hotel's cleanliness and friendly staff. As well, I am glad that you liked our hotel's location.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Room rate was at 79.99 plus tax. They have no gym, no business center, no bathroom in the lobby. They lock there fd at night. Its location is perfect 10 min away frm dwntn. Quiet location as well. I suggest for people to stay here if they are partying and dont really need the attention from the staff. If you are use to staying at Hilton, Marriott or other hotels then this is def not for you.

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our location and how convenient we are to downtown.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at dcs @extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly.

Once again, thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

WARNING: there are pictures posted on this site that are not of the same hotel. The picture of the lobby and the picture of the laundry room could not be in the same hotel based upon the lay out presented in the picture. Someone should look into that.

Ok, the hotel is fairly reasonable price wise. But they aren't offering much, either. There's no way this place is 2.5 stars like stated in the profile above.

The place has a certain odor to it when you walk through the halls. It is kind of musty and a mix of the smell of various foods being cooked as you walk through the un-air conditioned corridors. They leave the window open at the end of the hall. It's been in the upper 90s all week temperature wise. They cool the ground floor and that's it.

The hotel elevator has not been cleaned at all since I have been here (over three weeks). There are foot prints on the walls, graffiti scratched into the door, signs missing/removed. There's also a smashed bug (a mosquito, I believe) on one of the elevator landings. It's right at eye level so it really couldn't have been missed by staff. The smashed bug/stains on the wall continue once you enter your room.

The dishes provided were a hodge-podge of plates and pans that had caked on grease and grime from previous guests. The refrigerator is completely stained up on the front, sides and top. There was no stopper provided for the sink and no coffee provided for the coffee maker, despite their add running on tv about making coffee right now. The tile in my room had burn holes in it. The flooring itself is cheap lanoleum flooring that curls up where it meets the walls if not properly installed. The bathroom tub is of course missing caulking and the tile is curled in the corner. The walls in the bathroom also have "stains" on them, including the bathroom door that needs way more than a wipe down.

Housekeeping comes once a week or never if you stay less than a week. I have been here a while and each week I had to ask that they clean my room and the front desk seemed shocked that they forgot to clean the room on the schedule they had assigned. They did not wipe any of the surfaces down in the room, or clean the floors despite the fact that I left a tip.

Guests are responsible for trash removal. The trash room was completely overflowing on more than one occasion. I really can't believe I didn't see more pests considering the way it looked and smelled.

The laundry room has two vending machines and several machines for washing/drying. The floors and racks are covered with dust and lint. Again, this is not the area pictured in the photo above. Really a lot of build up of dust and stuff and never cleaned while I was here. The machines aren't the same either pictured in the photo.

The hotel is between a 7/11 and a strip mall. There is a 7A bus towards the Pentagon if you are not driving. The area is not really by anything too great. But again, expecting that for the price. The front desk closes at 11 pm and reopens at 7 am.

The front desk staff was nice. I feel like they are trying to keep it together for the rest of the hotel. I really feel bad but there is something wrong with these photos, etc. So I can't let the review go by.

Room Tip: My suggestion is to think about it.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

The staff was rude... The location was great. I arrived about 20 mins early & my room wasn't ready. I was told not asked to sit in a space called the lobby with all my bags!! There was to be breakfast but there wasn't there was also supposed to be a pool but there wasn't... I reported the phone being broke several times. But no one came to fix it. Just a little annoyed because I drove a little over 6 hours to get there... I was in town for my boyfriends family reunion....

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Hi there,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that the staff was not accommodating and there were issues with the room. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at dca@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The rooms could have been cleaner and seemed to be a bit dated for an Extended Stay but the biggest difference was the front desk staff. Wow, wish they worked for my company. They were friendly and attentive. They are the reason I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013
Falls Church, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I had chosen this location due to proximity to my office.I have a 3 years old and we got a few complains from floor below , as he was running around . We have stayed in so may hotels and apartments. I do not blame the guest who complain , but probably the walls and floors/roofs are relatively thin or of low quality. Restroom was worn out with shabby curtains. Check in and out were great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Soumitra - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your room did not meet your expectations. Please know, we try to ensure our guests are not disturbed during their time at our hotel, but we also try to ensure that all of our guests feel comfortable at all times. I am disheartened to read your comments and will work with the staff to improve the way we handle these types of situations.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at dca@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We were visiting DC and stayed in Extended Stay Americas hotel for 2 days...and it was really nice...The staff was very helpful,courteous and the location was also good...The amenities were all good and beds were comfortable.Definitely recommended....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about your previous experience at our facility. I am so glad that our staff was helpful and courteous to you during your visit. As well, I am happy that you enjoyed our hotel's location and the amenities we had to offer.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark

Address: 205 North Breckinridge Place, Alexandria, VA 22312
Location: United States > Virginia > Alexandria
Ranked #37 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Alexandria Hotel Alexandria
Alexandria Extended Stay
Extended Stay Alexandria

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.