“Service makes all the difference in the world.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   205 North Breckinridge Place, Alexandria, VA 22312   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #37 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Fort Myers, Florida
“Service makes all the difference in the world.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The rooms could have been cleaner and seemed to be a bit dated for an Extended Stay but the biggest difference was the front desk staff. Wow, wish they worked for my company. They were friendly and attentive. They are the reason I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Falls Church, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I had chosen this location due to proximity to my office.I have a 3 years old and we got a few complains from floor below , as he was running around . We have stayed in so may hotels and apartments. I do not blame the guest who complain , but probably the walls and floors/roofs are relatively thin or of low quality. Restroom was worn out with shabby curtains. Check in and out were great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Soumitra - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your room did not meet your expectations. Please know, we try to ensure our guests are not disturbed during their time at our hotel, but we also try to ensure that all of our guests feel comfortable at all times. I am disheartened to read your comments and will work with the staff to improve the way we handle these types of situations.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at dca@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We were visiting DC and stayed in Extended Stay Americas hotel for 2 days...and it was really nice...The staff was very helpful,courteous and the location was also good...The amenities were all good and beds were comfortable.Definitely recommended....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about your previous experience at our facility. I am so glad that our staff was helpful and courteous to you during your visit. As well, I am happy that you enjoyed our hotel's location and the amenities we had to offer.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We arrived in the evening and front desk rep was very nice and accommodating. The hotel itself seemed very clean and the hallways very quiet (for it to have been 100% booked for Memorial Day weekend.) The room itself was fairly clean (refrigerator/kitchen area could've been a bit cleaner) however it was also VERY dim. And we won't even get started on the lighting in the bathroom. Speaking of the bathroom, it had very much of a strong cigarette smell. I'm not sure if it's because of the ventilation system but it stayed for the duration of the trip. Upon returning to the room after a day out, we noticed a strong burnt smell in the room, which also remained for the duration of our stay. I called the front desk asking if someone could come up to check the room, but was basically told that the most he could do was spray.

In the end, it was just okay. Not outstanding, but definitely not my worst hotel stay. If needed, I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that there was a smoke odor in your room's bathroom. I truly apologize for this inconvenience, and for not being able to move your room when it was requested. Unfortunately, our hotel was fully booked, so we were unable to do so. Still, I will speak with my maintenance staff to ensure this is eliminated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at dca@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Brookston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

When I originally checked in, I asked for a non-smoking room and was put on the 3rd floor. The smell of cigarettes was so overwhelming I had to ask if I could move rooms. They were more than cordial and put me on the first floor and I did not smell it down there. Rooms are spacious, beds are comfortable and it is clean. Hallway carpet could use a good cleaning, but the room I was in appeared to have new carpet. Dexter at the front desk, is very nice and helpful in all aspects. Not a bad neighborhood, close to shopping center.. The only thing is be careful at night, as there are a lot of beggars outside trying to get money from you. That may be everywhere, but it was really prevalent around this establishment.

Room Tip: Non-smokers, ask not to be put on 3rd floor..
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. The situation you described regarding the first room you occupied is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. Still, I am very happy to hear that the beds were comfortable and your room was very clean. It is especially pleasing to read your comments about, Dexter. I will be sure to pass them along.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at dca@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Midlothian, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I checked in after 11pm. We were tired and wanted to rest. Staff was great and accommodating . Rooms were clean and spacious! I like the security at this hotel. Doors locked after 11. Would definitely recommend to others and come here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Sherri - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We appreciate the kind comments about the room that you stayed at. To uphold our company's high standards, we will make sure that we will continue to give the best service moving forward.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights. The hotel room was clean and looks renovated. All the staff were very friendly. However, the breakfast was just okay. There were not much choice. As this hotel locates in the city everything is convenient. Being behind shopping mall is a plus+++,buses let us visit Washington DC without any hassle to our car.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark

Address: 205 North Breckinridge Place, Alexandria, VA 22312
Location: United States > Virginia > Alexandria
Ranked #37 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Alexandria Hotel Alexandria
Alexandria Extended Stay
Extended Stay Alexandria

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.