Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark
Ranked #38 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Brookston
“Nice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

When I originally checked in, I asked for a non-smoking room and was put on the 3rd floor. The smell of cigarettes was so overwhelming I had to ask if I could move rooms. They were more than cordial and put me on the first floor and I did not smell it down there. Rooms are spacious, beds are comfortable and it is clean. Hallway carpet could use a good cleaning, but the room I was in appeared to have new carpet. Dexter at the front desk, is very nice and helpful in all aspects. Not a bad neighborhood, close to shopping center.. The only thing is be careful at night, as there are a lot of beggars outside trying to get money from you. That may be everywhere, but it was really prevalent around this establishment.

Room Tip: Non-smokers, ask not to be put on 3rd floor..
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. The situation you described regarding the first room you occupied is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. Still, I am very happy to hear that the beds were comfortable and your room was very clean. It is especially pleasing to read your comments about, Dexter. I will be sure to pass them along.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at dca@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Midlothian, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I checked in after 11pm. We were tired and wanted to rest. Staff was great and accommodating . Rooms were clean and spacious! I like the security at this hotel. Doors locked after 11. Would definitely recommend to others and come here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Sherri - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We appreciate the kind comments about the room that you stayed at. To uphold our company's high standards, we will make sure that we will continue to give the best service moving forward.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights. The hotel room was clean and looks renovated. All the staff were very friendly. However, the breakfast was just okay. There were not much choice. As this hotel locates in the city everything is convenient. Being behind shopping mall is a plus+++,buses let us visit Washington DC without any hassle to our car.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

It was nice peaceful stay at the extended stay. We enjoyed our stay very much!! The staff was very very kind everyone treated us right the maids did everything we wanted and it was awesome! The location was perfect as so was the place we stayed

• Stayed February 2013
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you loved our hotel at this location. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This hotel is top notch. I've stayed here during the inauguration and the rooms are clean, internet in the room works well, and the staff are competent, friendly, honest and accomodating, they make staying here a joy. Ms. Sarah at the front desk is always a welcome sight. The manager(cant recall the name) was very helpful with the directions going to the city.You won't find a hotel in the area that has staff like them. Kudo's for all of them.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your stay. I'm glad to hear that Sarah and the team at our hotel made your stay more enjoyable. We appreciate you sharing your experience with the world. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Hotel is very clean and service was great. It wasn't expensive either and the cost was worth the stay. Room was very spacious and we enjoyed the kitchen. I had given a chance to cook my own food. The Manager is vey nice and the frontdesk staff knew us by names. We stayed here for 2 months and we stay again in future. My family enjoyed the breaksfast every morning.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that that you enjoyed the breakfast. Our team at this location is nothing short of amazing and I thank you for recognizing them. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My mother and I stayed the night before the Inauguration. The front desk receptionist, Charmagne couldn't have been nicer! When we found that our TV was missing a remote, she made sure to come up and deliver one to us - despite the fact that she was also juggling a stream of excited customers. The "Grab & Go" breakfast was very convenient with plenty of quick selections like, muffins, oatmeal, oatmeal bars, coffee, etc. Perfect for eating on the go! The location was only a short taxi ride away from the metro that took us right into DC. The beds looked nice but, as far as the rest of the room, you could tell that it is an old hotel that has been renovated on a budget. Not brand spankin' new but, not horrible either.
My only gripes: #1 - Although I asked for a non-smoking room, the room had a heavy smokey smell (enough to be overpower my little travel bottle of Febreeze). Charmagne told us that although we were in a non-smoking room, they do not have a non-smoking floor so, the smell was coming through the vents. #2 - Burn marks on the sink and a red Kool-Aid stain on the carpet. If they cannot afford to replace the carpet, they should look into steam cleaning.

I probably wouldn't stay there again but, again, the people there are REALLY nice!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write a positive review about our wonderful staff, Charmagne. This property is due for a renovation soon and we look forward to inviting you back once it is complete. Please look up some of our more recently renovated hotels and we do hope you will give us a chance again in the near future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark

Address: 205 North Breckinridge Place, Alexandria, VA 22312
Location: United States > Virginia > Alexandria
Ranked #38 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Alexandria Hotel Alexandria
Alexandria Extended Stay
Extended Stay Alexandria

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.