Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark
Ranked #37 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Very nice staff!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My mother and I stayed the night before the Inauguration. The front desk receptionist, Charmagne couldn't have been nicer! When we found that our TV was missing a remote, she made sure to come up and deliver one to us - despite the fact that she was also juggling a stream of excited customers. The "Grab & Go" breakfast was very convenient with plenty of quick selections like, muffins, oatmeal, oatmeal bars, coffee, etc. Perfect for eating on the go! The location was only a short taxi ride away from the metro that took us right into DC. The beds looked nice but, as far as the rest of the room, you could tell that it is an old hotel that has been renovated on a budget. Not brand spankin' new but, not horrible either.
My only gripes: #1 - Although I asked for a non-smoking room, the room had a heavy smokey smell (enough to be overpower my little travel bottle of Febreeze). Charmagne told us that although we were in a non-smoking room, they do not have a non-smoking floor so, the smell was coming through the vents. #2 - Burn marks on the sink and a red Kool-Aid stain on the carpet. If they cannot afford to replace the carpet, they should look into steam cleaning.

I probably wouldn't stay there again but, again, the people there are REALLY nice!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write a positive review about our wonderful staff, Charmagne. This property is due for a renovation soon and we look forward to inviting you back once it is complete. Please look up some of our more recently renovated hotels and we do hope you will give us a chance again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a 2 week period as part of relocation. Convenient location with shopping and restaurants within walking distance and a mall across the road. The staff makes the difference and is very friendly and accommodating. Both Maryam and Sara make you feel right at home as if you are part of the family. Early morning coffee and fruits much appreciated.

Room Tip: The 17 rooms are a bit larger and have more closet space.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you so much for the positive review of our hotel. I'm very pleased to know that Sara & Maryam have gone above and beyond to make your stay memorable. Should you ever need a place to stay either right here at Extended Stay America - Landmark or in any one of our 700+ locations all across the USA & Canada please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

I feel that the price is to high for a non renovated extended stay I have been to others with better quality rooms! But the location was a plus and the staff was friendly Dexter was hey helpful! Would repeat for something quick.

• Stayed December 2012
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. Dexter and all the associates are happy to see our guest comments. As a matter of fact this hotel is in the final plans to get the renovation you mentioned in 2013. Thank you again and we hope to see you again at any of our locations.
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I came up to the DC area a couple of weeks before I brought my family up due to a new job and decided to stay here for the price and it looked decent. First let me say that the staff was fantastic and very polite and the grab and go breakfast was great! However that is where the pleasantries ended. The was extremely dated and had a musty smell but turning the air on took care of it some. The laminate flooring in the kitchen area and bathroom had stains all over it. The carpet had burn marks and stains on it (quite a few) the chairs at the desk and table were old cheap worn out computer chairs with who know what stains on them. There were doing some renovations so they may be trying to write some wrongs I'll give them that. BUT, that does not excuse me finding a previous occupants full trashbag in the cabinets and AND A MOUSE RUNNING THROUGH THE ROOM!! I left the following day as that was my last straw and went to the Sheraton Suites in Old Town Alexandria for the remainder of my stay. Stay at your own risk,but there are better hotels for cheaper cost. period.

mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

Please understand that maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve. It seems we missed the previous guest trash in you room which is inexcusable and we will keep striving to keep it from happening again. We have contacted our pest control company and we are working on eliminating any pest that may be at the hotel.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place is in a horrible area. Traffic was awful bottom floor was like government housing. Toilet seat had sponge job stickers on it to keep it from pinching ur behind elevator stunk prostitution was in the area also

• Stayed September 2012
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this review, November 12, 2012

I am eager to respond to your issue. Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We regret we had an incident which damaged the hotel and we are in the process of repairing the damage which is mainly on the first floor and also damaged our elevator. I am not sure what you are referring to the sponge stickers but I will be happy in investigate. We also strive to eliminate any illegal activity we discover at any hotel and act as soon as we become aware of any situation.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have come to this hotel many times and its at a very convenient location and the staff is really nice and helpful. But I must say my favorite of the staff is Maryam Mahmood hands down. She is kind and funny and always makes sure your stay is comfortable . She seems more like a friend than a staff member. As far as the rooms go they are very spacious you won't feel claustrophobic. But it would be nice if they had more pillows..but still the same anytime I come to northern va I will always stay at the extended stay landmark Alexandria . They treat you like family. It's a home away from home

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Mariam N, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this review, October 8, 2012

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

I love this location! Maryam and Sara are awesome customer service and always make me feel comfortable during my stay!!! Will definitely repeat my visit. Breakfast and renovations are going well too !

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark

Address: 205 North Breckinridge Place, Alexandria, VA 22312
Location: United States > Virginia > Alexandria
Ranked #37 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Alexandria Hotel Alexandria
Alexandria Extended Stay
Extended Stay Alexandria

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.