“Great Location Great staff Needs remodeling for price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark

You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   205 North Breckinridge Place, Alexandria, VA 22312   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #37 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
“Great Location Great staff Needs remodeling for price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

I feel that the price is to high for a non renovated extended stay I have been to others with better quality rooms! But the location was a plus and the staff was friendly Dexter was hey helpful! Would repeat for something quick.

• Stayed December 2012
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. Dexter and all the associates are happy to see our guest comments. As a matter of fact this hotel is in the final plans to get the renovation you mentioned in 2013. Thank you again and we hope to see you again at any of our locations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I came up to the DC area a couple of weeks before I brought my family up due to a new job and decided to stay here for the price and it looked decent. First let me say that the staff was fantastic and very polite and the grab and go breakfast was great! However that is where the pleasantries ended. The was extremely dated and had a musty smell but turning the air on took care of it some. The laminate flooring in the kitchen area and bathroom had stains all over it. The carpet had burn marks and stains on it (quite a few) the chairs at the desk and table were old cheap worn out computer chairs with who know what stains on them. There were doing some renovations so they may be trying to write some wrongs I'll give them that. BUT, that does not excuse me finding a previous occupants full trashbag in the cabinets and AND A MOUSE RUNNING THROUGH THE ROOM!! I left the following day as that was my last straw and went to the Sheraton Suites in Old Town Alexandria for the remainder of my stay. Stay at your own risk,but there are better hotels for cheaper cost. period.

mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

Please understand that maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve. It seems we missed the previous guest trash in you room which is inexcusable and we will keep striving to keep it from happening again. We have contacted our pest control company and we are working on eliminating any pest that may be at the hotel.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place is in a horrible area. Traffic was awful bottom floor was like government housing. Toilet seat had sponge job stickers on it to keep it from pinching ur behind elevator stunk prostitution was in the area also

• Stayed September 2012
mn768, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this review, November 12, 2012

I am eager to respond to your issue. Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We regret we had an incident which damaged the hotel and we are in the process of repairing the damage which is mainly on the first floor and also damaged our elevator. I am not sure what you are referring to the sponge stickers but I will be happy in investigate. We also strive to eliminate any illegal activity we discover at any hotel and act as soon as we become aware of any situation.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have come to this hotel many times and its at a very convenient location and the staff is really nice and helpful. But I must say my favorite of the staff is Maryam Mahmood hands down. She is kind and funny and always makes sure your stay is comfortable . She seems more like a friend than a staff member. As far as the rooms go they are very spacious you won't feel claustrophobic. But it would be nice if they had more pillows..but still the same anytime I come to northern va I will always stay at the extended stay landmark Alexandria . They treat you like family. It's a home away from home

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Mariam N, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this review, October 8, 2012

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

I love this location! Maryam and Sara are awesome customer service and always make me feel comfortable during my stay!!! Will definitely repeat my visit. Breakfast and renovations are going well too !

• Stayed October 2012

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

I would like to thank jessica & sarah they were the best morning & evening front desk clerks luv u 2 very much.
Plus the manager marian is very rude mad needs more customer service advise y did yall let the other man monher go so sweet an happy I will miss the housekeeping lady Rose

• Stayed August 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish a review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

i arrived at this hotel through priceline usually i get placed at the extended stay on eisenhower excluding this time immediately i was greeted by Gorge he was a GREAT help i needed help with my bags and he was there to assist me. I am so very greatful for him to be there because without him i dont think i would have been able to have my stay accomodated. He informed me about the area and gave me directions and even handed me a bus schedule and even called a cab that i needed that i forgot about!!!!!!!!!!! he is very very helpful and he definantly made my stay worth while since i was only there during the evenings on weekends. other then that the room was very comfortable quite roomy and very quite and peaceful. i was able to do my work in peace :) i would definiately stay here again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel and for recognizing the efforts of our staff, especially Gorge. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark

Address: 205 North Breckinridge Place, Alexandria, VA 22312
Location: United States > Virginia > Alexandria
Ranked #37 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Alexandria Hotel Alexandria
Alexandria Extended Stay
Extended Stay Alexandria

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.