Needed an 'office' in the DC area to support some work, the Hampton gave me just what I wanted. Good sized twin room, decent desk with plenty of power outlets. Friendly, welcoming staff, clean and well looked after. Business Center equipped with USB driven printers. Outlook is a bit urban on one side, see photo, the other looks onto the river and the National Harbour. Access from Route 1 going from Alexandria was a bit of a puzzle, ended up going past and doing a U further down the road! Breakfast is adequate, the usual Hamptonesque fare of scrambled eggs, sausage, breads , bagels waffles etc while their propensity of not having to do any washing up afterwards is probably keeping the accounts of the US styrofoam plate industry in excellent health. There is little within walking distance, so lunch involved driving over to the nearby "National Harbor". With such a grand name, I was bemused to find a couple of short jetties and a poor imitation of the London Eye. However there were plenty of eateries to choose from. The jewel in the crown of this Hampton however, is their excellent shuttle services, one to the Metro stop and the other into the heart of Alexandria Old Town with its plethora of restaurants . The buses run 24 hours, and the desk staff are all too pleased to tell you when the next one is due, apparently an average wait of 10 minutes is the norm. During my two night stay the Hotel was laden with families on vacation, however, quiet enough during the night. The complimentary WiFi was excellent during the day but was noticeably slower in the evenings. Would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated and upgraded two bedded rooms to 2 queen size beds. Free Hot Breakfast Bar each morning. Free shuttle service to Historic Old Town Alexandria and Huntington Metro Station. Meeting and banquet space to accommodate 250 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South
- Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South Hotel Alexandria
- Hampton Inn Alexandria
- Alexandria Hampton Inn