“Nice, comfortable and clean.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South

You added Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5821 Richmond Hwy, Alexandria, VA 22303   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Points!
Ranked #20 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
PA
“Nice, comfortable and clean.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Nice room, clean and comfortable. Had a refrigerator and microwave. Was surprised by the different free breakfasts offered each day. Friendly staff, free shuttle to Old Town, Bobby was the best driver as he gave insight and answered all of our questions. Would have been five stars if the HBO and some of the other stations were working.

Room Tip: Wifi was free for one day.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Turkish first
Spartanburg SC, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Made sure the rooms were clean.I walk into a dirty room beds not made . Sent me to another room the key did not work and maint. came and tried to open but could not. I had to sit in the hallway with twim babies and my husband after driving 8 hours. So I was really fustrated. Ask for pillows for my room none were availalbe. I do business with you all thur my job as well in a corp. account. And I was more than dissatified with the service. Even though I was on vacation this time with my family paying for this was displeasing to me and my family.The only reason I would go back is that my stay at other hotels

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for the 4th of July weekend while visiting our daughter who lives in DC. It was easily accessible to DC and a good value as far as DC hotels go. Standard Hampton Inn room & breakfast. The noise level and crowds in the lobby and parking lot at night were unwelcomed. Apparently, there was a very large family reunion utilizing the Hampton's pool and conference rooms for its festivities.

• Stayed July 2014
West Chester, PA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Very pleased with our stay. Totally enjoyable. From the front desk staff to the excellent condition of the room, everything was tip top. To round out the features, our breakfast certainly helped to start our day out on a full tank.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

There are only a couple things we need when we travel. Those things are (but are not limited to) clean rooms, comfortable beds, and a good shower. This hotel has all of them. The staff here is very accommodating as well. Everyone treated us like they were happy we were here. We enjoyed our stay. The location is good for a weekend jaunt in DC. Not too far from Huntington Metro station, 5 minute drive, and parking at the Metro is free on the weekends. That definitely is a plus. You can park and not bother with DC's awful traffic. The only downside we encountered here were lots of folks were gathered outside the hotel in the back blasting music and just being loud late at night. It was a little annoying. This happened both nights we stayed. We didn't make a big deal about it because we were so tired from sightseeing all day that nothing would keep us up anyway. However, I could see this being a problem under any other circumstances. I prefer a bit more security when I travel. Not that there was danger, but c'mon have security in your budget and keep the place calm and quiet, inside and out. This is a good hotel in a good location; I'm not certain we would return though.

Stayed July 2014
Roanoke, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

As others have said, this property is convenient to Alexandria and DC. I have stayed several times in the past and return because it is a nice property and very consistent. The hotel is standard Hampton, although a little larger than most. This can make the front desk congested at times. The management should increase staffing during the day and evening. While the breakfast seating area is larger than most, it was crowded in the morning. The food was standard Hampton fare and the staff was trying their best to keep up with the crowd.

My room was clean and well maintained. A typical complaint with Hampton is the "low flow" showerheads that rarely have significant pressure. There is no water savings from showers that take much longer than normal. The AC was effective and relatively quiet.

I'll continue to use this hotel when I'm in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Lehigh Valley,PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed here for a few days visiting DC, had a real nice time. Easy access off the highway. Suite was very roomy and comfortable. Breakfast was convenient - hhad usual Hampton-type options. Breakfast was busy each morning but plenty of seating and staff kept things well stocked. Hotel staff was very helpful and friendly throughout (front desk, shuttle, housekeeping etc) Location convenient - took shuttle to Metro station and hopped on Metro train into the city for sightseeing each day so didnt have to worry about traffic and parking in the city. Called when got back that night and van was there to pick us up within 10-15 minutes. Has an outdoor pool but didnt get to experience because we were too tired from walking throughout DC.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family