on the up side: very convenient location, easy access, plenty of free parking, friendly desk staff, friendly other staff, easy checkin, rooms reasonably clean.
on the down side, they've cut corners on housekeeping and maintenance and are in need of a facelift. 2 of the 3 elevators were not working when we arrived but they were working by the next day. in the room, a bulb was missing, the shower stall needed replacement (cracked, messily patched ceiling, sagging shower curtain) and the lower edge of the sink stand looked as if it had had a rough life. still, everything worked except two of the elevators and one lamp and things were reasonably clean..
note: they have no restaurant but do serve a mediocre free breakfast.
there were no newspapers available.
we've not tried room service and doubt they have it, they are not within walking distance of anything but there are a large shopping center and many other restaurants and stores within an easy 1 or 2 mile drive
the price was right,
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South Hotel
- Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South Hotel Alexandria
- Hampton Inn And Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South
- Hampton Inn Alexandria
- Alexandria Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly added 57 studio suite addition to the existing 156 guest rooms. Free Hot Breakfast Bar each morning. Free shuttle service to Reagan National Airport, Historic Old Town Alexandria and Huntington Metro Station. Meeting and banquet space to accommodate 250 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Olotels, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.