I stayed at this hotel for four nights in June while on a family vacation to D.C. We originally looked to stay in D.C. itself, but found the hotels to be expensive -- $300 - $400+ a night, on top of which we would have had to pay a $35-$30 per night parking fee. The Hampton Inn was perfect for us. The nightly rate averaged to about $134/night. Free on-site parking. Free breakfast. A five minute drive from the Huntington Metro Station, which charges about $5 per day to park. The ride into D.C. was only about 20 minutes. More details below.
Room -- The room was very nice and clean. The beds were comfortable. There were a few spiders in our room, but I have them in my house too somtimes.
Breakfast -- The breakfast buffet was very nice. There was a good combination of hot food (eggs, sausage, biscuits, waffles, oatmeal) and cold food (cereals, granola, donuts, muffins). My only negative would be the grapefuit in the fruit salad -- it makes everything taste like grapefruit! Staff was very attentive and quick to refresh the food and clean up messes (like the one made when my daughter spill waffle batter all over the counter instead of in the waffle maker). Another nice bonus: Every morning the staff put to-go breakfast bags up by the front desk. Each bag contained a bottle of water, an Otis Spunkmeyer blueberry muffin, a Kellogs crisp bar, an apple, and a box of mints. We grabbed these an ate them as snacks while in D.C.
Metro - Can't ask for any closer. The hotel does provide free shuttle service between the hotel and the Huntington Metro Station, but we did not use it because it was so easy to use our car.
Gym - I did use the gym every morning. There were a few ellipticals, tredmills, stationary bikes, and weights. Nice equipment. My only complaints: (1) No fan -- and the room was hot! (2) No close captioning on the TVs and the TV remotes did not work well. I hate to be nit-picky, but these are easy fixes!
All in all this was a great hotel for us!
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South Hotel Alexandria
- Hampton Inn And Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South
- Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South Hotel
- Hampton Inn Alexandria
- Alexandria Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly added 57 studio suite addition to the existing 156 guest rooms. Free Hot Breakfast Bar each morning. Free shuttle service to Reagan National Airport, Historic Old Town Alexandria and Huntington Metro Station. Meeting and banquet space to accommodate 250 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.