I was attending a convention at the Gaylord National Resort in nearby National Harbor, Md., and the Hampton in National Harbor was booked, so since I was driving anyway I came here. $199 a night was within my company's budget but might be a bit much for this hotel. Having said that---if you are driving this may be an option for you. On busy US 1 and nothing walkable. There is a 24 hour a day shuttle to Old Town or Reagan National Airport, shuttle perhaps goes to other locations of which I am unaware. No charge for shuttle but of course you should tip. Free parking. No restaurant but 24 option of small shop where you can purchase frozen dinners, ice cream, a few things like that. Items cost a bit more than they would in grocery store but you're not being gouged either. Free breakfast in pleasant area, very clean, don't expect huge variety of options but it is food. Clean rooms, hallways, elevators. Front desk personnel pleasant. Usual cookies at check in not present and I did not notice them anytime during my stay so perhaps Hampton Inns don't do that anymore. Bathrooms appear to be recently renovated, beds comfortable, TVs older but nice range of channels, very good soundproofing in rooms. Microwave and mini fridge in room. A couple details continued to overlooked by housekeeping---for example, light that you would switch on when you came into the room was burned out when I came there and remained burned out the entire time I was there, housekeeping would have had to be in the dark when entering the room and would have to have noticed. Fridge only worked if at coldest temp and then froze everything and was loud, but in fairness I did not have time to report it to front desk management. Heat also a little iffy but it was early October so no big deal. Towels replaced when used but washcloths were not. Two computers each with a desktop printer located in 24 hr business center but one printer was out of toner. I did report the printer being out of toner promptly but it was 3 days before toner was replaced and that made for a problem if other computer was in use and you needed to print driving directions or whatever. Also some difficulties logging into certain sites from the business center computers but you can check email and get Google or Mapquest driving directions. This location is far removed from D.C. proper and not as nice as Hampton in National Harbor, but if you are driving and attending a conference in National Harbor and your company has a strict budget, and/or hotels in National Harbor are fully booked (which often happens), this may be a solid option for you. After all, if you're driving you have to pay for the parking in National Harbor anyway, and you're only four miles/one freeway exit away. Just continue to bring any minor issues to the attention of management promptly, some of which I did not take the time to do. Don't forget that there is a water taxi from Alexandria and National Harbor both to Georgetown, which may be another option for you weather permitting should you need to get to D.C. proper. And don't forget the free hotel shuttle to Old Town if you need to go to dinner. You can also get the Metro into D.C. from Old Town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly added 57 studio suite addition to the existing 156 guest rooms. Free Hot Breakfast Bar each morning. Free shuttle service to Reagan National Airport, Historic Old Town Alexandria and Huntington Metro Station. Meeting and banquet space to accommodate 250 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South Hotel Alexandria
- Hampton Inn And Suites Alexandria Old Town Area South
- Hampton Inn Alexandria
- Alexandria Hampton Inn