You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   625 First Street, Alexandria, VA 22314   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #31 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

This was a wonderful hotel. It was nice inside, and out. Historic Alexandria is amazing. The hotel restaurant was good, maybe a bit pricey, but good none the less. Grocery store across the street, and plenty of restaurants in the vicinity.

Stayed January 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
New york, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

Unproffessional staff, it is just another holiday inn. This area has so many other great hotels, this hotel isnt just the best option

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2009

The Holiday Inn in Old Town Alexandria is not a bad location for exploring this interesting historic area. It's less than a mile north of the heart of Old Town–certainly walkable in nice weather. The hotel is a typical mid-market Holiday Inn.

Returning to our hotel at night, I noticed that the heating/air-conditioning vent in the hotel room was covered with black dirt and dust–at least I HOPED it was dirt, not mold. But since it was late at night and the outdoor temps were nice, I just shut off the system and opened the balcony door. After our stay, I sent an email to the hotel management and attached a picture of the dirty vent. No response. So I sent the issue to Holiday Inn's customer service contact. They forwarded the issue to the hotel. But still no response from the Holiday Inn Old Town Alexandria. Although customer service gave me 5,000 bonus frequent guest points, the hotel's management never acknowledged my issue.

So, that leaves me to warn others about this hotel. First, that the HVAC system is dirty and second, that the management doesn't seem to care.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

Had a great room for two night. It was very big and welcome after our flight from the UK. Don't get confused with the other Holiday Inn in Alexandria, like our cab driver did...He dropped up off at the other one and left when we went to check in we realised we were at the wrong one...well the front desk staff couldn't have been nicer - the guy there got the hotel bus, loaded our luggage and drove us the First Street - fantastic service.
We had to ask for a fridge in our room, which was delivered quickly and was a god send with a small baby we had to keep her food supplies chilled.
Alexandria is a great town too. Just wish we had a bit more time to explore the great restaurants.
Overall, a great stay. Great location to get transport to DC. Would stay there again no question

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

The hotel is located across the street from the Metro. I was easy to navigate the system and very economical. Located approximately 30 min. from DC. The hotel was clean, the rooms are spacious, and the staff was friendly and helpful. The Breakfast was very good. We chose the buffet, which I usually don't like, this was so good. The food was hot and fresh. A great variety. It was a little expensive $17 but very convenient .

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Southeast Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

I recently stayed here from September 8-10, 2009 while on business in Washington. I was surprised at how close to Washington this hotel is. I only had a 5-10 minute drive into the city, depending on traffic. The hotel was very clean and the staff was great. The parking was $20 per day, which is the going rate around Washington for parking. My room was very spacious and I had a great flat panel television. The only thing I didn't like about the hotel was the wireless internet service. I was on the 2nd floor and I could not get a good signal at all, so I was unable to use the internet from my room. The pool and workout facility was very nice. The pool is on the second floor and half of it is inside and the other half is outside. The pool is not heated so if you want a heated indoor pool, this is not a good idea. They do have a hot tub, but it was out of service and being cleaned. Overall, I would stay at this hotel again. I got a great rate and my stay was very enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Lawrenceville,GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

The price was very good. the room was very clean. the carpet was average. did not feel good on bare feet. the bedding was soft and the pillows were very good. not a lot of cable tv channels. the shuttle at night was inconsistent. had to take a cab from reagan twice 13.00 plus tip. would stay again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria? Share your experiences!