“Restaurant Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria

You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria
Ranked #30 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Los Angeles, California
“Restaurant Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Stayed here during our 4 day stay in DC. Hotel had courtesy shuttle to Metro that runs every 30 mins which helps get to DC without having to drive. If you have a car, try parking on the "free" street so u avoid paying an extra 20.00 at the hotel! The rooms and general Hotel appearance was not the greatest, but okay for someone who's going to use it primary to sleep.
They advertise free breakfast for kids, but you have to ask for the coupons at the front desk or they "forget" to give them to you. Our daily waitress Amelsa was overworked, but she was always very polite and helpful. We spoke with other families who complained about the restaurant service, but we enjoyed Almesa and her service. Overall it was a pretty good place to stay.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Not as nice as most Holiday Inns.
Couldn't find the coffee maker until I was leaving - it was under a table.
It was in the middle of nothing but not far from everything. Front desk very pleasant and helpful but difficult to understand. Glad I was only there one night.

Stayed April 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear jereitz3549,

Thank you so much for the feedback provided from your stay and your compliment regarding our front desk staff. We appreciate you taking the time to provide critical feedback which we use to help us improve our services for you and all our future guests. We are sorry for the room amenities received. We will certainly discuss your comments with the appropriate department. We hope to serve you again soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Nottingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Others reviewers have hit the nail on the head .... It's an ok hotel brought down by the noisyness of its residents and their lack of understanding that at 1am it's not acceptable to talk really loudly in their room . Problem is I don't think they were talking loudly it's just the paper thin width of the walls. Like others have said lots of school children on organized trips stay here so be prepared for giggling teenage girls in the corridors. Was a little surprised when calling the front desk to ask what time breakfast finished I was told 'I think 1030, but I'm not sure and it may not be like that' hmmmm.................. Stay elsewhere if you want a quiet nights sleep!!!

• Stayed April 2014
Hotel S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Sam25Nottingham.

Thanks for the feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Your comments are vital in helping us to continue to assert improvements where it is necessary. We apologize that you were not pleased with your experience with us due to a group of noisy youths that were here during your stay. I do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We really hope you reconsider your decision of not returning. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to again, provide with the type of services you prefer and deserve. We appreciate your comments and feedback on our hotel. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we are looking forward to you returning to our area to better serve you.
Leesport, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Stayed here and realized it was not worth the money I spent. The staff does not care about you and will not deal with any issues. I asked them 2 times to stop the kids from slamming the doors and running down the hall after 10pm. The room was clean.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Kafrederick1,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the noise from other guests prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Springfield, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Check-in at the front desk was exceptional - very friendly staff, quick service, the lobby was clean and inviting. They also invited us (on our check-in paperwork) to rate them on Trip Advisor. OK, challenge accepted.

Had an inkling of overall service levels as we made it to our room. The housekeeping carts were still out and working (at 7:30 pm). Thought that was odd for a Wednesday night. Thursday came and so did housekeeping - at late afternoon. We were in the room and offered to leave so the room could be serviced. The housekeeper said "I'll come back later." Little did we know that meant Friday. Once they actually got in the room they did a good job of cleaning and straightening and refreshing towels, toiletries, etc.

Had occasion to eat several hotel-catered meals while we were there. Uniformly wonderful - especially considering it was not cooked to order off the menu. All the food was served at the right temperature, with the proper level of "doneness," and the flavor was great! Four thumbs up!

Tried the bar in the lobby on one evening - it was difficult to get served (there was a server wandering around the room, but she wasn't too concerned with actually serving any patrons). If you want a drink, lug yourself up to the bar and get it yourself.

Internet. Didn't matter where we were on the property - room, common area, conference rooms, even the hard-wired "business center" (one computer in the lobby), the ability to get online and actually do anything was horribly, terribly, painfully slow. Made me wonder if I was on a 14.4K dial-up modem connection. It took me more than 20 minutes to open and print boarding passes on the lobby hard-wired computer. Ugh. Bring a cellular hot-spot and hope you can get a signal through a window.

Locaton is good - lots of good restaurants around and you're not too far from King Street and all that goes on there. This is an OK hotel, but you can probably do better in the area at a similar price point.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hotel S, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear 411John411,

Thank you for your valued comments. We look forward to hearing what our guest think of us and have experienced. We utilize your comments to better assist and serve our guest. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel. We're sorry you were not pleased however with the internet connection and also that our staff's attentiveness was not exemplary during your stay. We regret you had issues that took away from you having an exceptional stay. Our hope is that you would return and allow us the opportunity to serve your needs better.
Destin, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Checked in following a cancelled flight. I gave the front desk clerk my Priority Club number and asked if he had a room with a king size bed as my wife was with me. He stated he didn't think he had any king size beds remaining and I asked "really" as I was quite certain he did. He just ignored me and gave me my keys with no further words. No big deal. We got to room 322 and found the heater going full blast with a temperature in the 90s (outside was 25). We learned the heater only worked in full hot and no other setting worked but we turned on the A/C and cooled the room so we could tolerate it. After going out to get some dinner we returned and got settled in. It was then we learned that the TV remote didn't work. Still, we were tired and just wanted to get some sleep before returning to the airport the next day. Around 10:20 pm a large group of young teenage athletes came bursting down the hall yelling loudly, running, slamming doors and being very disruptive. I complained to one of the adult leaders but she didn't know what do to. I then complained to the front desk who offered to move us if we wanted but could not send anyone up for awhile. I was tempted to call police but the noise started to subside after about 30 minutes so we just wen to bed.

When asked this morning if I enjoyed my stay, I politely explained that it was the worst stay I've had at a Holiday Inn during the 15+ years that I've been a Priority Club member. I explained the details and the front desk clerk just said "I'm sorry" and handed me my bill. I can honestly say I've never experienced worse treatment at any other Holiday Inn.

Finally, this place is worn down and some of the furniture is practically falling part. The facility and the management just need a complete overhaul.

Room Tip: Suggest you look elsewhere.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hotel S, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear RoamingRandy,

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. We look forward to hearing what our guest think of us and have experienced. We utilize your comments to better assist and serve our guest. We apologize you were not completely comfortable in your room due to the inability to adjust the temperature properly in your room and the noise from neighboring guest, also that our staff's attentiveness was not exemplary during your stay. We are sorry this caused you to be very disappointed with us. I will speak to the Manager to make the correction necessary to our staff's services. Please reconsider us to revisit, we would love the opportunity in you returning to better serve you.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed for one night on a business trip and the hotel was fine as a place to crash. The one and only big thing that will keep me from coming back here is the fact that the room didn't have blackout curtains to cover over the sheer curtains in the windows. This wasn't acceptable because of safety and privacy concerns. It really is the only reason I have the room a rating if "Poor." Other than that, the hotel was very clean, which was great. It was pretty centrally located. The service and overall stay was totally average, which is fine by me when I'm staying one night for business. And for the price, I expected nothing more.

• Stayed January 2014
Hotel S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear AliaMerida,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We apologize for the missing black out curtain, we have been replacing some of our black out curtains and may have inadvertently missed that particular room. Thank you for commenting which is vital to us correcting the issue. We apologize you had this issue that took away from you having an exceptional stay. We hope that you would grant us the opportunity to serve your needs better.

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria? Share your experiences!