“Many Flaws,Nice Location” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria
Ranked #32 of 49 Hotels in Alexandria
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
“Many Flaws,Nice Location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great location at a very good price but a few flaws that detracted from hotel.
Housekeeping was sub-par. The two bar stools in room had half dried soda on both when we entered room and was still on chairs on 2nd day.
The large bedroom air conditioner was right next to bed.Cold breeze all night. Could not turn off because room would heat up too much for rest of family.
Clanking noise in living room A/C.
Had to wait for table at breakfast. 75% of tables were unoccupied but dirty. After we were seated we went up to buffet, when we returned someone else was seated at our table. We were then moved but after a few mins we saw a purse on one of our chairs, so they had to move that family too. No salt or pepper at table. Could have used a straw to eat the oatmeal.
Workout room had no towels and the remote for the TV was missing a battery.
I may sound like I'm nit picking but most of these problems are easily fixed. Hotel Management is clearly not on top of things

Room Tip: The suites were not much more in price than a regular room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hotel S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Chris G.

Thank you for your very valuable comments and feedback about your stay with us. We take comments such as yours very serious. They are very vital in helping us improve in areas that are in need of improving. Our management team and associates will be apprised of your comments so that the departments mentioned will make necessary changes that will improve our guests overall experience. We apologize for the unpleasant things you experienced. Our goal is that our guests' overall experience during their stay be outstanding. We hope there will be another opportunity to serve you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Vermillion, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

After the airlines made a huge snafu with my return flight to home, I found myself stuck in the Washington, DC area for an additional night. Not wanting to be too far from Regan National Airport I looked for nearby hotels. The Holiday Inn - Alexandria Historic District came to the rescue.

I missed their free hotel shuttle by seconds but they graciously suggested I take a taxi for which they paid the fare. I was greeted by the most polite young man at the front desk. Free internet in the room and a shuttle down to King St. added to the positives for this hotel. The price was extremely reasonable as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hotel S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Kelly D,

Thank you for your gracious comments about your stay with us. It was our pleasure to accommodate you during your short stay with us. We are very happy to know that you had a great experience during your stay. We strive to ensure those types of encounters for our guests. We hope that if you ever have to stop by here on purpose or by snafu we will be your choice once again.
San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

This was my worst hotel stay in a long time. First and foremost, housekeeping left my door open all day while I was out from the morning until after dinner. Fortunately, nothing was stolen, but this felt like such a violation and the staff wasn't very apologetic. In addition to this, there were a lot of other little things that when added together made the stay unpleasant: the card reader on our door was on the fritz so it sometimes took up to 10 tries before the door opened, the restaurant ran out of coffee during breakfast hours, the coffee pot in the room didn't work and maintenance didn't understand that even though it was making noise, it wasn't percolating, so they just shook it around until it made noise and didn't bring a new one until we requested it multiple times. I felt like I was calling the front desk constantly because something wasn't working properly. There are several other hotels right in this area and I will be trying them before I ever call this one again.

• Stayed April 2013
Hotel S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments, we always look forward to hearing from our guest on where we can improve. I am sorry that you had an issues with your accommodations, and service. It is our goal to make sure that every one of our guest has absolutely fantastic stay. We are constantly training our staff and empowering our people to make sure our guests are satisfied. We will address the problems you have mentioned to improve the quality of service delivered to our guest.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I spend a lot of time in hotels as I travel weekly for work. I am top tier with Holliday and I've never had such a bad room. My room was on the first floor and looked onto a 3 meter square courtyard shared with 4 other rooms ( real private...) and could not get cell phone reception (bad since I am on 24 hour call). When I complained, they gave me a third floor room looking onto a brick wall 5 feet away. I said screw it, I'll spend the night and relocate tomorrow. I tried to log onto their wireless, but it was so slow I couldn't get any work done. I relocated hotels at 10:00 PM

• Stayed June 2013
Hotel S, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your experience with us. We apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced during your stay that hindered your ability to do your work. Our goal is that our business travelers experience a pleasant, productive, stay while here on business. We do take your feedback about your experience serious and will look for ways to improve in the areas you mentioned. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have to share with you, this hotel was awesome! Charles from the front desk was just wonderful even one night he escorted me to my room. He is so professional and very kind. he tookI excellent care of all my needs. I wanted for nothing
Marlene was an awesome bartender. She is so personable, we never wanted for anything.
We really enjoyed her.
The hotel is pretty, rooms are great, beds are wonderful. A great hotel for sure.
A great place to stay and I can't wait to get back there again!
Kudos to a top notch hotel and a great experience. Wonderful, friendly staff. Hats off to you all.
Charles and Marlene you rock for sure!!
Grand time. thank you so much for taking care of my messed up reservations at another hotel because you guys rule.. a 1000% better all the way around. This Holiday Inn rocks for sure.

Room Tip: I don't believe there is a bad room, my only thing is next time I want to be closer to the eleva...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Burton on Trent, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Don't be fooled by the hotel name, it is a long way from King Street and most of the old town. That said, there is a free shuttle in the afternoons and evenings which will take you to King Street.

Our room was noisy due to ill fitting windows held together by tape. Noisy trucks were delivering to the store opposite from early in the morning. The room door also had a large gap around it making it noisy when the football revellers returned late on. So, bring your ear plugs.

The hotel was clean and tidy, the bar was reasonable and breakfast was acceptable. There are much better Holiday Inns around.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back away from the grocery store
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Ian B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. It is most disappointing to hear of the shortcomings you experienced and we are sorry for the noise challenges you experienced during your stay. I have taken note of your comments and have shared these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us a candid feedback.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Old Lyme, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The perfect hotel especially for the business traveler. Exceptional staff, in all departments with special credits to Kim Bland and Karen both manning the front desk. Other credits to the entire restaurant staff.
Rooms are immaculate and reasonably priced

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria? Share your experiences!