“Not for business travelers!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   625 First Street, Alexandria, VA 22314   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #32 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
“Not for business travelers!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I spend a lot of time in hotels as I travel weekly for work. I am top tier with Holliday and I've never had such a bad room. My room was on the first floor and looked onto a 3 meter square courtyard shared with 4 other rooms ( real private...) and could not get cell phone reception (bad since I am on 24 hour call). When I complained, they gave me a third floor room looking onto a brick wall 5 feet away. I said screw it, I'll spend the night and relocate tomorrow. I tried to log onto their wireless, but it was so slow I couldn't get any work done. I relocated hotels at 10:00 PM

• Stayed June 2013
Hotel S, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your experience with us. We apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced during your stay that hindered your ability to do your work. Our goal is that our business travelers experience a pleasant, productive, stay while here on business. We do take your feedback about your experience serious and will look for ways to improve in the areas you mentioned. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

263 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have to share with you, this hotel was awesome! Charles from the front desk was just wonderful even one night he escorted me to my room. He is so professional and very kind. he tookI excellent care of all my needs. I wanted for nothing
Marlene was an awesome bartender. She is so personable, we never wanted for anything.
We really enjoyed her.
The hotel is pretty, rooms are great, beds are wonderful. A great hotel for sure.
A great place to stay and I can't wait to get back there again!
Kudos to a top notch hotel and a great experience. Wonderful, friendly staff. Hats off to you all.
Charles and Marlene you rock for sure!!
Grand time. thank you so much for taking care of my messed up reservations at another hotel because you guys rule.. a 1000% better all the way around. This Holiday Inn rocks for sure.

Room Tip: I don't believe there is a bad room, my only thing is next time I want to be closer to the eleva...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Burton on Trent, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Don't be fooled by the hotel name, it is a long way from King Street and most of the old town. That said, there is a free shuttle in the afternoons and evenings which will take you to King Street.

Our room was noisy due to ill fitting windows held together by tape. Noisy trucks were delivering to the store opposite from early in the morning. The room door also had a large gap around it making it noisy when the football revellers returned late on. So, bring your ear plugs.

The hotel was clean and tidy, the bar was reasonable and breakfast was acceptable. There are much better Holiday Inns around.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back away from the grocery store
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Ian B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. It is most disappointing to hear of the shortcomings you experienced and we are sorry for the noise challenges you experienced during your stay. I have taken note of your comments and have shared these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us a candid feedback.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Old Lyme, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The perfect hotel especially for the business traveler. Exceptional staff, in all departments with special credits to Kim Bland and Karen both manning the front desk. Other credits to the entire restaurant staff.
Rooms are immaculate and reasonably priced

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

This looks like a great hotel, but I had a bad experience.

1. RESERVATION. I called the Hotel Receptionist to book a six night stay and was told I could cancel up to one day prior to the reservation. I provided my name, address, phone number, email address, and credit card information. They gave me a confirmation number. I later learned that all information except my credit card number and last name was not documented by the hotel, even the confirmation number I was given was incorrect. The hotel never emailed me any reservation verification.

2. CANCELLATION. I cancelled over one month prior to the stay- The Hotel receptionist told me my confirmation number was incorrect and could not find my reservation. They said that there was no record of my reservation. I asked them to please continue looking because I made the reservation. Then, they looked up my name by date of reservation. There was no one with my first name on those dates in their system. However, they had my last name correct and the 6 night stay correct, but nothing else. I again provided my phone number, email address, and correct spelling of my name. After taking the data, the Receptionist told me not to worry and they would cancel the reservation. I understood the matter was resolved and I made reservations at a different one of their hotel properties. The hotel never emailed me any cancellation verification.

3. BASELESS CHARGE. Today, I see a charge for $111.39 on April 2nd show up on my credit card. I spoke with Wanda Delgado, the manager at the hotel. From her perspective, there is no record in the system that anyone cancelled my reservation or that my call to cancel ever occurred. Therefore, she refuses to reserve the charge. From my perspective, the hotel's records still do not include my phone number, email address, and even my name is still misspelled.

4. UNDISPUTED FACT. It is undisputed that that Holiday Inn failed to document my email address, full name, telephone number, and never sent me any reservation or cancellation paperwork. The Hotel Manager verified this information herself and therefore is on notice that my matter was not properly documented. No paper record of my reservation was ever made. Due to the numerous errors the Manager verified herself, she should have reversed the charge without causing me hassle. The Hotel cannot prove anything - that I ever made a reservation or cancelled. The Hotel would need to use my testimony to prove I made a reservation. My full testimony is that I properly cancelled the reservation and the Hotel orally verified that to be true. The charge is baseless.

5. My credit card reversed the charge and Holiday Inn lost a customer.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Kazackazi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. We are relieved to know that the charged in your card was sorted out. Nevertheless, I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Moyock
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

This Holiday Inn is not the fanciest I have been in, but the location is great, and the staff is outstanding. The rooms have recently been remodeled and are very comfortable. The only poor comments I have are; the pillows are not great, but they do work, and they really should get a different breakfast system, the coupons cause endless problems. The hotel runs regular shuttles to the airport and the historic district on King street. I would definitely stay here again. Special note goes out to Bill the Bartender, thanks for keeping the beers coming, and to Kim and Alex at the front desk, thanks for being so courteous no matter what the question or concern.

Room Tip: Mezzanine rooms are very quiet.
rshkj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have been coming to this hotel for several years, it is always clean and the staff is great. At the front desk, Alex has been here forever and is very helpful and will get you checked in. When you go to unwind at the bar, Bill is a great bartender and you will get great service even when it is busy. I wish I knew every ones name because they are all really nice and helpful from the time you check in, until you check out. The hotel is close to king street, you can walk, which takes 10 minutes or they have a shuttle. There is a nice sitting area by the pool and a workout area. It is close to the airport and DC and there are a lot of restaurants within a 10 min drive.

Room Tip: all the suites have been very quite, and the rooms on the pool side are quite also. the only bad roo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria? Share your experiences!