So I had a trip here last March. I was instructed by work to be here while my office was being renovated. There were some additional business meetings to take care of in DC, and this location is 'supposed' to be close to the historic district.
1) It's over a mile - I believe 2 miles - from the historic district. With no shuttle, that's not close. There is a metro within walking distance, but that's not disclosed by Holiday Inn. That's not nearly accurate enough.
2) No internet. By that I mean...they 'offered' internet, but it never worked. The entire time I was there. No explanation as to why it didn't work, and no apologies. They have have signal blockers in the hotel, so I had to leave the hotel and walk another half block if I wanted to use my personal phone. NO THANK YOU!
3) I lost a piece of personal property. I know it was in the room, and it's pretty unique, having been made by myself. It was a self-colored Nalgene water bottle.
It took an hour to describe to the staff that it was a 'Nalgene' (who doesn't know what that is?).
It has since been replaced, but it wasn't the one that was mine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Alexandria- Historic District is located in the heart of Alexandria, convenient to everything Old Town Alexandria and Washington, DC have to offer. The Potomac River and King Street's entertainment district, restaurants and boutique shopping are just blocks from the hotel. At our pet friendly hotel, we provide complimentary high-speed Internet and shuttle service to Reagan National Airport, Metro and King Street. Experience fine hospitality when you stay at the Holiday Inn. During your stay, dine in Traditions Restaurant and Lounge, featuring the specialties of Alexandria and light American fare. Kids Eat Free (with select rates and accompanied by an adult) in our restaurant and will enjoy our combination indoor/outdoor pool. Famed attractions in the Washington, DC and Alexandria, VA area include the Smithsonian museums, White House, Capitol Building, Mount Vernon, and the numerous monuments and cemeteries. This hotel in Alexandria, VA is also convenient to the Pentagon and Crystal City. Whether you are traveling on business or pleasure, let the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Alexandria-Historic District be your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Historic District Alexandria
- Holiday Inn Alexandria
- Alexandria Holiday Inn