“Better than expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria
Ranked #32 of 49 Hotels in Alexandria
Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I have mixed experiences at Holiday Inns in the past but the price was right for an unexpected trip. Beds were comfy, AC unit was quiet, room seemed clean. My husband and I were happy with the quality and location of the hotel. It is very easy to get to right off the GW Parkway, in a very nice, safe area; shuttle to the metro and King street area (although King street only a 3 minute drive. Stop in the Visitor's Center on King and Fairfax and pick up a "Parking Proclamation" that entitles vistors to free parking at meters. Parking at the hotel is $20 a night unless you sign up for the rewards' program (free) than its $10, reasonable for the DC area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Linville, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The hotel was clean and the staff was nice but there was no parking on property. They shuttle you back and forth to their sister property 3 blocks away. This worked fine except my husband's expected arrival time was 4 am...no shuttle. He was fortunate enough to find an on street parking spot around the corner. I wish they would have told me when I called this was an issue, we made our reservations less than a week ago and this would have factored in our booking.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Farmington hills, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We weren't familiar with the Alexandria / DC area so we could only go by reviewers comments. We chose this hotel and really enjoyed the entire experience. Very accessible to King street and the Metro. We used the hotel shuttle extensively. Everyone on the staff was great. They couldn't do enough to make our 4 day visit comfortable and fun. The facility is very nice and well maintained. We will return when we visit this area.

Room Tip: You can use the shuttle to make local travel much easier.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hampton, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This hotel is an older Holiday Inn but our room was clean and fine for 1 night. The only problem we encountered was finding parking around the hotel. The parking garage and fitness center are currently under repair and closed. Although they do offer alternative parking at the Crown Plaza it is several blocks away from this hotel. This Holiday Inn is an acceptable alternative if you want to be somewhat near old town and the Sheraton is full and the Hotel Monaco is too expensive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Arriving on a sunday night, I was given a room key for a suite. Upon opening the door, the chain was on the door with someone inside yelling HEY.... I walked back to get another room. My second room, the key card did not work. After convincing the front desk that they needed to come with me to let me into the room, the key still did not work but the master key the guy had did. Next the light in the bathroom does not work and the shower does not drain. I stopped by the desk monday morning to alert them of these issues to which they were written into a log. They came and fixed the key card reader monday but failed to fix the light or drain. I assumed that even the cleaning person who moved the lamp from sitting on the toilet back to the table MIGHT have said something to maintenance?? Nope. Tuesday rolls around - still no light and no drain. Stopped at the front desk and expressed my disappointment. Tuesday during the day they resolved those issues. Wednesday comes, showering in my newly lit bathroom I notice there is mold under the soap holder in the shower. Sweet. Once I got out of the shower there was a bug crawling across the bed which I have never seen before. I am never going back and would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms at another hotel are better.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
WASHINGTON,PA.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

we had a wonderful trip last may,2012. whenever we go to d.c. area we always plan on staying
at the holiday inn, alexandria.

very convenient in and out of d.c. and the surrounding area. found this hotel to be very good,
clean and very accomodating to us.would and have, recommended.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I had to stay here for work travel as accommodations were made by the office. This was THE WORSE HOTEL I have ever stayed in - period. The first room I was in had MOLD in it - on the vents - they were black. The second room had a public style toilet, various STAINS on the ironing board and BLOOD stains on the bathroom door and window curtains. These rooms are not cleaned and should be a health violation. There was also dust in the bathroom and the shower curtain rod was coming out of the tile. I wish this review allowed pictures because I have proof. I would NEVER recommend this hotel or the staff. I'm still disgusted with the company and the hotel!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic District Alexandria? Share your experiences!