“Yummy Thai” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Galae Thai

Galae Thai
215 Swamp Fox Road, Alexandria, VA 22314 (Eisenhower East)
703.960.1606-7
Neighborhood: Eisenhower East
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Yummy Thai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The food was wonderful! I liked the fact that, while the meal wasn't rushed, it was hot when it was served. As far as atmosphere's go, it was a lovely, cozy place with great service.

Visited August 2013

Greensboro, North Carolina
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Great food and drinks. Right across from our hotel. Try the drunken noodles. Drinks were also excellent. Nice atmosphere. $100 for a family of 4.

Visited July 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good Food, Average Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Tucked away in the Hoffman Center, Galae Thai is a nice option if you're catching a show at the AMC, or if you're stuck in traffic heading over the Wilson Bridge and decide to grab dinner close by while the traffic clears (which is what we did).

The decor and setting of Galae Thai is relatively upscale - unfortunately, the music doesn't match (Pop Top 40?). We were greeted and seated with a smile, but overall, the service was very average - not terrible, but not overly friendly or attentive, either.

Really, the food is what's worth visiting for (isn't that all that matters?). From start to finish, our meal was delicious. The Tom Kha soup was spot on. My Drunken Noodles and my daughter's Pad See Ew were awesome. Dessert was sticky rice with mango, which took top marks as best interpretation of sticky rice with mango that we've enjoyed at any of the area Thai restaurants.

Great overall experience, and we'll keep coming back for the soup and sticky rice alone!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dale City, Virginia
“Panang is to die for...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I used to work near this Thai place, so I visited it on a regular basis. I went to the movie theater near the restaurant recently and got a chance to come here for dinner and it did not disappoint. The atmosphere is great, whether dining with someone or sitting at the bar to eat alone. I love love LOVE their Panang Curry. It's so well done! The service is great, the servers are friendly, and I've never had something I don't like here. Can't wait to come back again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Bern, North Carolina
“Consistency in Everything!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I like change, sometimes. But I also like some things that are great, not to change! That is Galae Thai. Everything from the warm greeting, professional service, Thai interior, friendly ambiance, and, most importantly, authentic Thai cuisine still amazes me after coming here for the past several years. We have enjoyed much of the menu, with nothing disappointing. Thanks for my little piece of Thai heaven!

• Visited April 2013