“A special thank you” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Galae Thai

Galae Thai
215 Swamp Fox Road, Alexandria, VA 22314 (Eisenhower East)
703.960.1606-7
Neighborhood: Eisenhower East
Park City, Utah
“A special thank you”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Tonight we took our friend here to eat. It's the first time he's been to a restaurant in 4 months. He had a stroke and is now confined to a wheelchair. I called in advance and when we walked in we were treated with instant warmth. The food was good. I would have liked to have seen some more vegetarian appetizers but the entrees were big enough to satisfy. The decor is really lovely.

El Paso, Tx
“Excellent Pad Thai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We always order from here and the food has never been unsatisfactory. We have eaten in the restaurant once and it's a beautiful restaurant. Very nice staff, very good food.

Visited July 2012
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“Great surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I went to Galae Thai for lunch with an old school friend. We decided to try new food, since he is a regular there and usually has the Pad Thai and the fried rice. We ordered a plate of breaded duck which was delicious, but the name escapes me. Of course, my friend wouldn't part with his Pad Thai or Fried Rice, which were also excellent. All that with a couple of imported thai beers was a great meal.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good quality Thai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

Walking in I didn't have high expectations - the space was large and I was the only one there. I ordered the seaweed salad (something I wouldn't expect at a Thai restaurant) and the parang curry with tofu. The seaweed salad was delicious - much much better than I was expecting. The Penang curry was the same, though I did expect some bell pepper. I finished things off with a rich, smooth and creamy scoop of green tea ice cream. Galae Thai was a nice find.

Lawrenceville, New Jersey
“Fantastic and Unique Food, Excellent Service, and Pleasant Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

If there's one item on the menu of a Thai restaurant, especially Galae Thai, that is a must-have, its Pad Thai. I had the chicken Pad Thai as my entree, and the Pad Thai here was one of the best that I've ever had. The portion of the noodles was large and they were filling, and the chicken pieces were delicious and tender. They also give you a lime to squeeze over your chicken, and the flavor from the lime makes it even better tasting. I had spring rolls and some type of chicken on a stick, and they give you various types of unique and delicious dipping sauces. For my drink, I had a special Thai iced tea that's nothing like the iced tea I'm used to drinking; it was sweet and creamy tasting.

The service was excellent and I did not wait long for the food to arrive after ordering it. The waiter was very helpful in giving recommendations about things such as specials and desserts.

The interior of the restaurant is beautiful and clean and the atmosphere is relaxed and pleasant. It wasn't packed, although it was still busy the night I went, but it still remained pleasant instead of rowdy. The dining area is quite spacious and there is also some bar seating, but I think that's just for the sushi bar.

I have not been to many Thai restaurants in my time (I would estimate only about 4 or 5), although Thai food is quite memorable because of how its not something westerners like myself are used to eating as Thai restaurants are not plentiful like Chinese and Italian restaurants and pizzerias are where I live. Thai is different but its delicious, and if you are an adventurous eater or you generally like Asian food and you find yourself in Northern Virginia, I would highly recommend Galae Thai for this unique dining experience. The only negative thing I can say is that parking can be a pain, because the parking lot outside the restaurant is very small and is always filled on weekends, however, the public lot across the street is free on weekends and after a certain time on weekday evenings. I would also like to mention that Thai cuisine very commonly contains peanuts, so if you are allergic to them, I would recommend asking the restaurant about meals that do not contain peanuts before visiting.

• Visited December 2011