“A typical buffet; lots of variety but nothing special” 3 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Great American Steak & Buffet
5902 Richmond Hwy, Alexandria, VA 22303 (Huntington)
(703) 329-1555
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #425 of 650 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Takeout, Buffet
Neighborhood: Huntington
Boylston, Massachusetts
“A typical buffet; lots of variety but nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

A lot of food with a lot of choices. But not all the food was hot, especially the ribs that were apparently sitting out for some time. Service was not that good. I had to ask another server to find my server to refill my drink. It's a good thing the food was self serve because I don't know how long I would have had to wait otherwise. The restaurant needs a good cleaning, especially the carpets. Be prepared to wait awhile to get in. I guess the low prices get the people to turn out. I probably won't go back there again.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Waldorf, Maryland
“I have been a costumer here for years😊”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I can only say that to stop by and have a hot meal and plenty of it‼️bring the family and wear your loses pants. You can feel free to laugh out loud‼️

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Colorado
“It's a fairly inexpensive buffet.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Reasonably priced, the food was plentiful and very average. I would go someplace else next time. Staff was friendly.

Visited May 2014
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
“Never go there.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

The food is terrible. The roast beef was cold and tough to eat. Nothing is marked as to what you're eating. I would never go there again. The only thing I enjoyed was the fruit at the salad bar.

Visited April 2014
“Gross, gross, and even more gross”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Do not eat here! I am surprised no one in my group got sick after eating here. But that could be because we ate very, very little. There must not be any inspection criteria for eateries in this area. The bathroom was disgusting. I could not even use it. One stall was full of vomit, the trash was overflowing and all over the floor in all of them. I took my kids inside to wash their hands, and of course, there was no soap. I saw two employees come in, rinse their hands (with no soap) and then walk out. GROSS! The buffet was mostly a big mountain of fried food & overcooked vegetables smothered in grease. Some patrons were extremely excited to be there, but this was just not my type of meal. I was scared to eat from the salad bar because it looked like everything there was sitting out all day. I did taste the broiled ribs, they were decent. I couldn't bring myself to put anything else in my mouth. Please do not go here if you're looking for a Great American experience. I wish I could give this place a zero rating.

• Visited March 2014