“Oatmeal for breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Pain Quotidien

Le Pain Quotidien
701 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 (Old Town)
+1 703-683-2273
Neighborhood: Old Town
Edinburg, Texas
“Oatmeal for breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stopped by this restaurant wanting to see the community table they have. They had a good case of pastries but we were looking for oatmeal. We ordered one for each (my husband plain with blueberries and myself with bananas, walnuts, and maple syrup). It hit the spot along with the espresso and hot tea. We also had a side of paris ham and a basket of their bread. Everything was good, the service was excellent, and food to table was quick. We would definitely eat there again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bangkok, Thailand
“Tasty, fresh and healthy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

LPQ is the best place for a reliable and delicious light breakfast or lunch. We love the smoked salmon plate and Mediterranean combo plate. LPQ's bread is lovely--made w varied grains and nuts. Also try seasonal soups, salads and desserts.

Visited July 2014
Arlington, Virginia
“Tartines and Mint Tea”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I have been to several Le Pain Quotidien locations in the DC area and NYC. This one has a very warm service staff. The tartines and quiches are great. I love the soft boiled eggs with toast points. What I love the most is the mint tea, with actual mint leaves. The pastries are lovely, too. It's relaxing. Enjoy!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gloucester, Virginia
“Breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We set out looking for a little french bakery with good croissants. Bakery had a lot of goodies. But wanted basic eggs, bacon croissant. Ended up with a Parisan ham and gruyere cheese. I was a little worried about the ham but was excellent. They served with several mustards and olive spread. My friend got the Chia pudding and strawberry lemonade with a chocolate croissant. All was very good but was a little costly for the portions. It would have been nice to have a inclusive of drink, main food and desert. The lemonade was like good but a water glass size for $5.65. I guess I am use to county fair sizes and prices.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Laurel, United States
“Going back for the lemonade”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

On a recent hot day while visiting Old Town, Alexandria, VA we stopped in here for refreshment. I ordered the lemonade and must admit it was the best I've ever tasted. The service was friendly.
We had already eaten but noted the good, fresh looking omelets being served. The bakery items also looked tempting, We plan to return to try them.

• Visited June 2014