“A Great Property with Amazing Owners!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Bleu Ridge Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Afton
Le Bleu Ridge Bed and Breakfast
27 Chapel Hollow Rd, Afton, VA 22920   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Afton B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“A Great Property with Amazing Owners!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Staying at Le Bleu Ridge was my first experience in a B&B...and it was awesome. I stayed in the cottage (highly recommended) and it was well-appointed, clean, with cable, wifi, and all the things you'd get in a luxury hotel.
The innkeepers Danielle and Marcel are not only nice people, but are meticulous about their property without being fussy. You really feel like you're staying at a good friend's home.
Danielle prepares breakfast daily with products from the garden and everything is locally sourced.
This surroundings of this property are breathtaking, I could not believe the amount of beauty in this part of Virginia. I really look forward to an opportunity to stay here again!

Room Tip: I recommend the private cottage, it's private, quiet, and like having your own private cabin in...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Port Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stay at B & B's almost everywhere we visit. I must say that this was one of our most memorable. The host's are wonderful people and couldn't have been any nicer. We were fortunate enough to be the only ones staying this week so we had Danielle all to ourselves. The breakfast's were absolutely amazing and stayed with us all day. All fresh, local and healthy. We didn't eat lunch a single day on our trip and we were still full by dinner. The location is perfect and the views are beautiful. We will be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Very rarely do we leave home and experience the comfort we did while staying at Le Bleu Ridge. The location was perfect for our trip touring the local breweries and wineries. Check-in was seamless the evening we arrived. Breakfast was the BEST. Ever. I don't know how to explain it in words but it is an experience. Fresh, local, and made with love. Danielle was completely flexible and willing to work with any diet. Multiple courses for breakfast was just what we needed to get our day started right. We enjoyed the laid back, family style breakfast which gave us the opportunity to meet the other lodgers and have great conversation about our experiences in the area.
While this trip was for our anniversary, we are already planning a "just because" trip for the fall!

Room Tip: We stayed in the cottage but toured each of the rooms. I don't think you can go wrong.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My daughter and I took a 3 day mother and daughter trip to say her goodbyes to Virginia. I traveled from Florida. Le Bleu Ridge was the perfect place and we felt we had found somewhere very special. Danielle and Marcelle are wonderful, warm, witty and considerate of their guests. The rooms are clean, beautiful, well appointed and so comfortable. The inn is located next to a nice winery and have several more excellent ones close by. There is a beautiful walk down a road by the inn to help you enjoy the local scenery. They help with suggestions and see to your every comfort. And the breakfast - just an adventure in excellent healthy food and 4 courses! . Danielle is a wonderful cook and Marcelle her great assistance. I have been a guest in many b and b's but this was the best experience ever. Danielle, Marcelle and Muffin feel like dear friends. You will love it!

Room Tip: We stayed in Blue Moon, I think any would be fine
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We had a great time staying at Le Bleu Bed and Breakfast. Danielle, our host was very helpful and charming. Her breakfast was farm fresh local, a real treat for us city folks. We will definitely stay again.
Rose M

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Le Bleu Ridge is a lovely B&B in a beautiful spot. There is easy access to hiking, wineries, and breweries. We hiked Humpback Rocks and Crabtree Falls, which were easy drives from LBR. We took a winery/brewery tour with Tours for Tunes and went to Veritas, Cardinal Point, Hilltop, and Wild Wolf. The owners of LBR are wonderful, the room was clean, and the food was delicious.

• Stayed May 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I needed a place to stay for two nights to take care of some business. I live in the area and had driven by Le Bleu Ridge since it opened and I was curious to try it out. I was very pleased by every aspect of my stay. Danielle is a wonderful host. I was the only guess the first night so I had time to chat and get to know more about her, her husband Marcel, and what it was like to run a B&B. Breakfast on the first day were delicious apple/banana muffins and wonderful French Toast with good maple syrup from Quebec. The next day, when the B&B was fully booked, we had gluten free banana bread and an asparagus omelet and chocolate dipped strawberries and grapes for dessert.
I stayed in the Sunset Room which was lovely but be aware that the bath associated with that room does not have a shower. The views from every corner of the property are beautiful and it has such a relaxing atmosphere. I will certainly recommend Le Bleu Ridge to friends coming to visit beautiful Nelson County!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Le Bleu Ridge Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!