“We chose well for our stay in Abingdon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of White Birches Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Abingdon
White Birches Inn
You added White Birches Inn to your Saves list
268 Whites Mill Rd., Abingdon, VA 24210   |
Ranked #5 of 18 Abingdon B&B and Inns
Baton Rouge,Louisiana
“We chose well for our stay in Abingdon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My wife and I just completed a three week B&B, winery and history trip in Virginia. We chose White Birches because of it location and reviews on Trip Advisor and elsewhere. We thoroughly enjoyed White Birches and the hospitality of Michael and Paulette. The house was very nice, clean and comfortable and the host were very courteous and helpful. The other guests at the time were ,also, very nice people to become acquainted with. Abingdon is terrific historic town with many wonderful attractions including Barter Theatre, Heartwood Art Center, historic downtown, Virginia Creeper Trail, Crooked Road Country music history and local wineries and Wolf Hills Brewery. We highly recommend White Birches for your stay!

Room Tip: Rooms were all very nice so cannot recommend any particular one but would have been hard pressed wit...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

White Birches Inn bed & breakfast is a wonderful place to spend a few days. Paulette & Michael Wartella are friendly host and will make your stay enjoyable. The breakfast was good and we were served a free glass of wine each day. They had our Barter Theatre tickets ready for us when we arrived. The house and grounds are beautiful.

Room Tip: Can see rooms on line....
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Bristol, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

When I originally called to make the reservation, the owner seemed very friendly, and I was looking forward to staying there. However, due to unforeseen financial problems (the car broke down and needed to be fixed, and the cost had to come out of our vacation fund), I ended up having to cancel this reservation. When I called her, she made no effort to hide her irritation with me, got very flustered, and then even went so far as to rub in the fact that I was cancelling our anniversary plans (like I didn't already feel terrible about it!). I was planning to try to come some other time, once our money cushion was replenished a little, but I am definitely not going to be doing that, now.

Obviously, I can't review the place itself, since we didn't end up staying there, but the service was so offensive to me that I thought it was worth noting anyway.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Grateman, Owner at White Birches Inn, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
The person who wrote this review forgot to mention that she called within the cancellation period and was not charged a single penny. The cancellation policy is clearly stated on our website and in the confirmation email that is sent with each reservation. It is also very disappointing that Tripadvisor allowed the reviewer to rate an establishment without ever walking in the door.
It is my opinion this review is unfair and should be removed.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

This lovely property is furnished beautifully and tastefully and has been maintained exceptionally well. The Tennessee Williams Room was spacious with a wonderful view of flowering trees in the garden. That charming in-room fireplace was a bonus. A great patio area with a koi pond is the perfect spot for a glass of wine at the end of the day. Breakfast was outstanding!

The White Birches Inn was a most pleasant surprise and Michael and Paulette were the best part. They are the consummate innkeepers, gracious, accommodating and welcoming. They were very genuine in their desire to assure that their guests had an enjoyable stay. If anyone would characterize this B&B as a one or two star experience I would suspect that they may not be satisfied anywhere. Superior accomodations.

John and Mary Lincoski
Ashburn, VA

Room Tip: Didn't stay in it but saw the Porterfield Suite and that would be an excellent choice.
Jackson, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We had such a wonderful time here. I only wish we could have stayed longer. The owners Mike and Paulette, made us feel so welcome and went out of their way to see that we were happy and pleased. They were so easy to talk with and it was like being with friends we hadn't seen in a long time.

This charming home was super clean and the location was great. The breakfast delicious and there was an unlimited supply of bottled water, wine and beer.

We look forward to staying again when we come thru Abingdon again.

virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

To be honest, we thought that the owners were a bit unfriendly, but this place is very beautiful and in an excellent location. I'm not sure if I would stay here again because it definitely seemed that all of the other guests were older and we felt a bit out of place. The breakfast provided was good, and there was coffee available early in the morning which made me happy! Certainly everything is clean and well looked after. The house is well decorated and charming. There is a lovely deck to relax on and it was especially beautiful when we were there because the leaves were changing.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reidsville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Mike and Paulette were just great. This was our first B&B experience and as I had always imaged White Birch was the perfect picture I had painted. Beautiful, wonderful location, comfy bed, delicious breakfast, great conversation. They were both so helpful acclamating us to the area. This is just the perfect B&B to stay at in Abbington. We had such a beautiful weekend and White Birch was a major factor in it. Thanks to both of them. Hope to see u again

Susan and Ray Dunlow, Reidsville, NC

Room Tip: Tennessee Williams Room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to White Birches Inn? Share your experiences!