“My favorite restaurant in Abingdon, Virginia” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Abingdon, Virginia
“My favorite restaurant in Abingdon, Virginia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2008

My wife and I reside in Abingdon, and the Wildflour is definitely our favorite restaurant here. We go every Wednesday evening for dinner. On Wednesdays (I don't know if it is different on weekends.), the menu is smaller with approximately half a dozen entrees, and the menu is different each week. For example, last week I ordered seared salmon with a merlot sauce, and my wife had to stop me from licking the plate (but I still scraped it annoyingly several times). They got a new chef earlier this year, and the food has truly been excellent since he arrived. It is also a bakery, and fresh bread with herb-infused olive oil for dipping is served with the meal. Service is friendly, and they always make us feel welcome. There are usually 5 or 6 fresh homemade desserts on the menu ranging from cheesecakes, and chocolate cakes or pies, to fruit pies or cobblers. It is more expensive than a chain restaurant like Cracker Barrel or Ruby Tuesdays, but it is definitely worth the money (unlike some of the other pricey Abingdon restaurants). We highly recommend this restaurant.

6 Thank Nibbler7