“Very relaxing, pleasant place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Copper Lantern Boutique Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Abingdon
Copper Lantern Boutique Inn
You added Copper Lantern Boutique Inn to your Saves list
133 East Valley Street NE, Abingdon, VA 24210   |
Ranked #2 of 18 Abingdon B&B and Inns
Knoxville, TN
“Very relaxing, pleasant place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

We completely enjoyed our stay here. Rest and recuperation were high on our list of things to do on this trip and the Inn was very conducive to that. Our host was always friendly, hospitable and helpful without ever making us feel intruded upon. (We are sometimes uncomfortable in B&Bs where the hosts are too clingy. Just us.) Our room, the Appalachian Suite, was very spacious and comfortable, particularly the bathroom with a large open shower and the famous copper tub. The bed was excellent. Our room was quiet, but we were the only ones in the Inn that weekend.
The full breakfasts (cheese and mushroom omelettes with bacon one morning, pancakes and sausage another) were delicious.
The Inn is within a block of main street and a short stroll to the Barter Theater, the Tavern, Willa Jacks, and everything else there is to see in Abingdon.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Greater DC Metro Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

We loved our night here. The Appalachian Suite was gorgeous with a spacious room & large bath and very comfortable bed. Soaking tub and walk-in shower were fun elements. The unique whimsical decorative touches throughout the rooms and house make this B&B particularly memorable. Breakfast was delicious. Our innkeeper arranged for tickets to the theatre and dinner reservations for us and recommended a cool local spot for a late lunch. Only complaint - would like an ice bucket for iced drinks. Next time through, we'll stay here again.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Monteagle, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2007

We stayed at the Cooper Lantern Inn in Abingdon, VA over NASCAR race weekend. The host met us at the door with his friendly sidekick ( a beautiful Shetie), and showed us to our room. Our room was very inviting, the bathroom was a real treat for us, large shower and a copper tub. Our bed was the WOW part of our stay. King bed, with very soft sheets and the pillows were so fluffy. My husband immediately took a nap. Our hosts were friendly, but not overly friendly (it took awhile for the hostess to warm up). I did take note that the hostess wanted all her guests at the breakfast table at the same time. I did not care for that, because I usually sleep until 9:00am everyday ( I was on vacation). So getting up earlier did not appeal to me at all. But I played along. Our checkout time was 11:00 and I would have skipped breakfast to just sleep in, but my husband wanted breakfast, so I went along (breakfast was nothing out of the ordinary, this was the Yawn of the B&B). We could have slept late and gone to IHOP. The house is very old, but was decorated warmly, and the house was quiet and for an old house the plumbing was excellent. Good water pressure! All in all if I ever return to Abingdon I would stay at the Copper Lantern Inn again.

• Liked — The bed
  • Disliked — Having to eat on a schedule.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
stylehaus, Owner at Copper Lantern Boutique Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2010
Hello, my name is Kimberly I am the new owner of the Copper Lantern Inn, I would appreciate
if you would remove all blogs from March 12, 2010 thru March 27, 2007. I am so very happy that all my recent plugs are from when I took ownership! The blogs I wish to keep up are the most recent May - current . As, they are about myself and the new Copper lantern Inn, please know Trip Advisor we are big fans of you!

Many thanks and come visit!!
Fondly , Kim

Been to Copper Lantern Boutique Inn? Share your experiences!