“Great Food ,Great Service and WOW Love the new location !” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 81 Restaurants in Abingdon
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Abingdon, Virginia, United States
“Great Food ,Great Service and WOW Love the new location !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This place had it going on before the move downtown. They have a great menu selection for everyone . The Food was awesome and service the same as always "The Best". If your in downtown Abingdon for a play or just shopping, I highly recommend this fine establishment !

• Visited March 2013

Kingsport, Tennessee
“Very Nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Tonight my wife and I went to the Peppermill for the first time after hearing about it for years. We had a package deal at the Barter Theater that included a dinner for two at the Peppermill.
My meal started off with a bowl of creamy tomato soup that was very good and my wife had the house salad that she was very pleased with as well.
I ordered the "Bridgetown Grill" which is a "Grilled Island marinated pork loin, grilled, atop a bed of black beans and rice garnished with pineapple salsa and raspberry sauce." The pork was tender and delicious. The beans, rice, and salsa were perfect with just enough spicy heat to set it off without not being too hot.
My wife had the Bistro Chicken which is "Tender roasted chicken breast marinated in olive oil with Herbs de Provence, garlic and lemon served with rosemary roasted potatoes and vegetable du jour." And it was sooo good!
We finished with desserts of "Classic Vanilla Crème Brulee" and "Chocolate Espresso Pot de Crème" and we were stuffed beyond comfort, but it was well worth it. We haven't had this enjoyable of a meal in a long time.
Our server was excellent and checked with us often to make sure everything was OK.
A sign on the door notified us that today was the last day the Peppermill would be at that location and would be moving to a new place that I think will be closer to the Barter Theater which will make it more convenient to eat there before going to a play.
I would highly recomend the Peppermill if you are in the area.

• Visited March 2013
Baxman41
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nice, small place with great food. I had the 8oz filet. It was cooked perfect and I enjoyed every bite. My wife had the stuffed pork and she went crazy over it. After seeing it, I wished I had ordered it. The staff was very nice and our waitress was great. It isn't the cheapest place, but remember you get what you pay for!!

Visited February 2013
Christiansburg, Virginia
“Wonderful cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed Valentine dinner with another couple. All 4 of us we very impressed with the wonderful dishes. My stuffed pork loin was superb. Dinner for 2 came to $61 including a beer and cocktail. Will definitely return next time we're in town for a play at The Barter.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Elizabethton, Tennessee
“Year after Year, Always a Treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

A few times a year we will drive up to Abingdon to visit friends and relatives or attend events at the Barter Theatre or festivals. We try to schedule Dinner at the Peppermill whenever we can. The Creative Recipes, Presentation, Service and Overall Feel of this place has always been good. While the building itself doesn't stand out, the experience of a fine meal here certainly does!

• Visited January 2013