“Abingdon Finally Has A Great Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Asheville, NC
“Abingdon Finally Has A Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We attend the Barter Theater fairly often... but one of the challenges we always faced was that there were no decent restaurants in Abingdon... FINALLY... a truly super place to eat prior to a matinee.... upon arrival the owner Jack greeted us and began chatting... he seated us in the outdoor "front porch".... our server was promptly there with menus and a friendly greeting... I selected the turkey reuben with a side of Caesar salad... my wife also selected the reuben with a side of kettle chips... the reuben was perfectly cooked with an excellent sauerkraut... not sour or biting like many I have had... the turkey was moist and just fell apart... the chips were warm... very crisp... and seasoned perfectly... for dessert we had a slice of the chocolate truffle cake and a slice of the rum pecan pie.... the best description of them is.... "sinfully delightful"... best dessert in a long.. long time.... and also some of the best service in a long time... we will definitely return next time we attend the Barter...

Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Loved the food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

My husband and I ate here during a visit to Abingdon. We had the rib-eye and a lamb chop special, both of which were cooked perfectly and accompanied by yummy dipping sauces. We also had a special oyster taco appetizer that was to die for--deep-fried, very-crispy-on-the-outside oysters and cabbage-cilantro slaw with a fantastic sauce. The ambiance was just so-so but the service was good. I thought the price was reasonable for what we got (one appetizer, 2 entrees including soup or salad, 2 alcoholic drinks and 2 desserts), $82 not including tax and tip.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chesterfield, Virginia
“cozy and tucked away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Some colleagues and I were recommended to dine here and found this little gem. It has small dining areas with the ability to accommodate groups of 8 or more. Our server was very nice but I felt like her descriptions of the entrees was rehearsed(maybe I watch to many cooking shows). The beer selection was not typical yet domestic favorites were available. The menu was not complicated and and the decor appropriate. We will certainly return on our next visit.

Visited August 2014
Richmond, Virginia
“Very nice meal, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

A great place for friends or couples. The menu had many great selections...we all had the cracker crusted trout and it was very good. Quaint setting with a very friendly staff.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Boone, NC
“highly recommended & worth the trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

128 Pecan was recommended by a good friend, so I visited for dinner one night before a play at the Barter Theatre. I enjoyed the salmon & grits and my son had the grilled ribeye. Both entrees came with either soup or salad. I couldn't decide so I ordered both the tomato bisque & the caesar salad. So delicious! We loved our 1st visit so much that we did a detour on a recent trip and stopped in for late lunch to try new things and some old favorites. Service is GREAT: very helpful, friendly, and attentive. Get there early for dinner as it does get busy and save room for dessert --- loved the pecan pie & bread pudding.