“I can't imagine a bad experience here. So good.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Charlotte, North Carolina
“I can't imagine a bad experience here. So good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My Wife, Son, and I almost walked by, but managed to follow our noses to the magnificent food we were smelling.

We love this place, ever since our first visit when the owner came around for a pleasant conversation. We have been here 6 times in the last year and a half, and we live 3 hours away.

The food is "down home stick to your ribs good" yet creative enough for a food network spot. The prices are very fair, the service is great, and the portions large enough for leftovers...Much to my Son's delight. And he loves the idea of being able to choose his own sauces from the sauce table. The atmosphere is family friendly, but it has a great looking bar for a "later night" couples only drink.

I am not exagerating when I say Bone Fire Smokehouse factored into our vacation home purchase just a few minutes away in Damascus. We salivate thinking about our next visit.

Visited May 2013

Abingdon, Virginia, United States
“Could be a gold mine, but not at this time!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband and I decided to try Bone Fire for a second time on a Saturday night. The service left a lot to be desired. It took us forever to get our drinks. Our appetizer was not never brought to us and when we asked the waitress about it when she brought our meal was "I put it in" and threw her hands up in the air as if that was all that was expected of her. A waitress should know what items her table order. While the management did discount our check after we informed them about the service, they took up for the waitress by saying "She is usually good." The customer is always right. Portion size also leaves something to be desired. It will take a lot of good word of mouth reviews before we go back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tamarac, Florida
“Delicious!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

A little hard to find as the sign above toe storefront reads "HARDWARE". As soon as you open the door though, you know you are in the right place. Very friendly staff greets you and explains the menu. The fried mushroom appetizer was tasty and the pulled pork sandwich was tender and tasty. The sandwich comes bare of sauce, you go to the sauce bar and pick your sauce arranged "left to right...mild to wild" as our server put it. Overall a GREAT place that I'd visit again , given the chance.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lewisburg, West Virginia, United States
“Awesome bbq!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Had dinner here last Saturday evening. My wife and I each had the half rack of ribs and chicken platter, which comes with two side dishes. The meats were delicious...tender and delicious smoked, and the portion of chicken was gigantic. One platter would have been more than enough for both of us to share. The collard greens were succulent, and the cole slaw was very good. We did not care for the baby bakers (small new potatoes, deep fried), but the friendly waitress was more than willing to swap those out for another choice. The service was very friendly, and the waitstaff attentive. They do provide take home containers, and most likely you will need them. Decor is homey and country rustic. The building used to be a hardware store. The original stamped tin ceiling is visible. My wife went back the next week for lunch (with a girlfriend) and had another delicious experience. I highly this place if you want a casual, delicious barbeque dinner.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Townsend, Tennessee
“Great Location and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We had an early dinner there on a Saturday evening with another couple. It is a great location and atmosphere in downtown Abingdon. Historic structure is impressive. Food was good,but not great. Corn fritter appetizers were excellent, BBQ was good and they have an excellent selection of sauces to try with the meats. Definitely would go back, but not the best BBQ that I ever had.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere