“Nice Stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   930 E Main Street, I-81 & Highway 58, Abingdon, VA 24210   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Abingdon
Hickory, North Carolina
“Nice Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I am enjoy staying at this Quality Inn. It is clean minus some stains on the carpet. The beds are very comfortable. The breakfast is very good. The location is very convenient. The Virginia Creeper Trail is very close for biking, running or walking. The customer service is a hit or miss but it is never negative. I will visit again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
VA293, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Guest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Just spent 5 nights in this hotel. The first thing I noticed was the VERY stained carpet in the room; a poor first impression of a lack of cleanliness. It wasn't just one small stain, but large stains that covered much of the room between the bathroom, fridge, and into the living area.
The next morning I got ready to shower only to discover that there was no shampoo. I asked the cleaning staff for shampoo and was told that they had been out for 4 days. I mentioned this to the front desk and she confirmed by telling me I was the third person to ask that morning - no apology, no offer to get some, no suggestion as to when it would be in. It was two days later before we were given shampoo.
Though there was a variety of breakfast choices, the potatoes were cold and not fully cooked, there was no fruit, one flavor of yogurt, and pastries that did not appear fresh. It would have been nice to see some change in the menu over our time there, we had exactly the same thing every morning, for example, prepared oatmeal rather than grits, fresh fruit and granola for yogurt, pancakes instead of waffles, link sausage instead of patties etc...
We stayed in a suite with our daughter who slept on the pull out sofa. It was interesting/inconvenient that her bed was stripped each day but not remade. The pillows were much smaller than standard pillows, not particularly comfortable.
Finally, though we were in a non smoking room (on a non smoking wing?), there was always a terrible smoke smell in the elevator and at the elevator on the 4th floor. Also the black out curtains in the room did not close and a large spot light in the parking lot outside was very bright in the room with no way of blocking it out. The sun rose on our side and by 6:30 the room was very bright.
The size of the room was good and the location was very convenient for us. Overall, all of the staff we interacted with were pleasant. None of these issues were major (other than the dirty carpet), but all of them together became one irritant after another, leaving a less than desirable impression.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
VA293, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 28, 2014

Alexandria, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed here for several days over the 4th of July weekend. Our room was clean, the beds were comfortable the pillows perfect. We enjoyed our stay and I will repeat like so many other posts, the breakfast was delicious, the selection of breakfast foods and variety was better than any I've seen anywhere. Come early, before 8:30am to get a seat because it does get crowded. This is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
VA293, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 20, 2014

Trussville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We stayed here on the beginning of our trip and liked it so much that we came back and stayed here again on the end of the trip. It's very clean and the staff were all friendly. Breakfast was good and no bugs. The lobby is a lot nicer than I expected, maybe we should consider Quality Inns more often. It really does deserve the four star rating.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
VA293, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 7, 2014

Hedgesville, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Stayed just one night here while traveling through on 81. Was impressed by breakfast-sausage gravy and biscuits, bacon, sausage, waffle maker, and other standard breakfast fare. Better than most. Not a ton of seating but we were early so we were fine. Only cons: old style comforters which should be replaced with white duvets. No exhaust fan in bathroom.
Kids used the pool, which is small and got crowded, but kids didn't care. Our daughter left her very special stuffed animal there and we did not realize it until we were already at our next stop. Called and they kindly held it for almost a week until we passed back through on our way home.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I pulled up all the information over the internet and decided on this hotel. I was traveling with another family (both of us have each have a very young child) so we decided to call to make reservations so we could ask if we could get adjoining rooms. The lady over the phone said "well, you never know, we do have them, but you may or may not get it, and sometimes you can make note of it, but it depends on the type of staff we have working when you get here, and I just want to know if you want to make the reservation online or over the phone." When I stated that I was a AAA member & choice member and I'd like to request adjoining rooms I was hoping that she might help me, but then said "well, you can if you want, but I don't know if you'll get it." I then asked if maybe I should just try another hotel in the area that might be able to better help us, she said "sure, I guess". WOW! Not such great customer service!! I would say that kind of set a bad "up front 1st impression" and I'm not sure that I would try staying there even though the price seemed good. Guess I'll be staying at a hotel down the road... too bad, they just lost two room reservations!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
VA293, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 30, 2014

Dryden, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a good hotel, good breakfast and would not have any problem, except for some reason they refuse to give you your points..I have been there a few months on business, got them straight once, now still haven't received in three weeks, nor does choice or hotel seem to want to do anything about it.. I have complained to both and to date, nothing resolved...desk people no help

Room Tip: Don't stay if you expect to get points... Lots of hotels in this area to choose from... Holiday...