“Great choice if you're going to a Bristol race” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   930 E Main Street, I-81 & Highway 58, Abingdon, VA 24210   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Abingdon
Corydon, Indiana
“Great choice if you're going to a Bristol race”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

We stayed here during the NASCAR Spring Bristol race (it's about 20-25 minutes from the track). Unlike other hotels in the area, they didn’t jack up their prices ten-fold. While their rates were more expensive than usual (about twice the usual price), we got a large, clean, king room with a couch, fridge, and microwave. Excellent value for the money. Beautiful lobby, with the absolute BEST complimentary breakfast I’ve EVER had at a hotel. It may have been just for the Bristol Race Weekend, but they had grits, chicken patties, biscuits/gravy, cappuccino, waffles, bacon/sausage, hashbrowns, plus all the usual fruit/cereals/juices/pastries, etc. Only a few tables though, so get up early. Also, if you happen to miss breakfast, a Huddle House is within walking distance. As for parking, there’s plenty of it, but if you pull up directly to the front entrance, you won’t be able to access the front parking area. Instead, pull into the lot, go immediately to the left, park, then go in – otherwise, you’ll have to park to the side of the building. We had a king room with a couch the first two nights, decided to stay another night, and got a King Suite for our last night there. The rooms were very similar. The King Suite had a dividing wall between the bedroom and the couch and a TV in both areas – it seemed larger, but unless you want that dividing wall, you may want to opt for a regular King (with couch) because it would be cheaper. In addition, the suite we had was right over reception, which caused some noise issues. You also may want to bring your pillows because the bed only had 4 small square ones. However, none of this really detracted from our stay at all, and if we’re ever lucky enough to go to the Bristol race again, this Quality Inn will be my first choice of hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
VA293, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate all the compliments. We tend not to raise our rates too much for race weekend; however, we do raise the rates somewhat. Our breakfast is one of our greatest amenities that all our guests love. Thank you again for writing a review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Staunton, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I booked this hotel to go to a work conference for 5 days. When I checked in, they sent me to a room that still had hair in the sink, bed was unmade, that kind of thing, but was apparently marked as having been cleaned.I do admit that they put me in another clean room after. The rest of my stay was without incident and the breakfast and room were great. I booked in advance thru expedia and so prepaid. I went to check my credit card statement today and noticed that the Quality Inn had charged me another $500. Apparently expedia hasn't paid them, and they are holding MY credit card hostage until expedia pays, when I never signed any receipt that gave them permission to charge my credit card anything, let alone $500! I think this is quite a poor business practice. Shame on you for taking out your problem with expedia on a hard-working civil servant!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
VA293, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write a review. We apologize for the misunderstanding about placing your card on hold; however, we do not charge your card whatsoever. We charge Expedia. Expedia gives us their personal credit card for your room. We have not charged your card or placed your card on hold. We actually do not have access to your personal credit card information. We would like to help you get to the bottom of this and help you receive your credit back. You may want to check with Expedia. If we can get more information from you we will do all we can to make sure the situation is resolved. We also apologize for the mistake we made by giving you a wrong room. It was a miscommunication between our staff. In the future, we will be more prepared. Please contact our facility so we can help you resolve the financial issue with your credit card. Again, we apologize and also want to thank you for writing a review.
East Windsor, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

When I was booking a trip down South from New Jersey I wanted to find a convenient place to spend a night. I decided on stopping in Abingdon, VA. I had a number of choices of where to stay but decided to stay at the Quality Inn & Suites because I have stayed at other ones in the past and never had any issues. The Quality Inn & Suites in Abingdon was more money than a lot of the other hotels in Abingdon but I didn't let this sway my decision. Glad I didn't because it was definitely worth the money. I have stayed at a lot of different Quality Inn & Suites in many states and by far the one in Abingdon, VA was one of the most beautiful ones I have ever seen. I felt like I was staying at a 4 star hotel. The exterior and interior was appealing and so clean. The staff were very friendly. The rooms were clean and a pleasure to stay in. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel if you are ever traveling in the area and need a place to stay. It is worth the money. The place is so conveniently located off the highway.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
VA293, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write a review of our hotel. We are glad to hear you had an exceptional experience. We hope to see you again. Thank you again.
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We thought this was a very pleasant, clean and comfortable hotel with engaging and friendly staff members. The breakfast was very good. Front desk staff was eager to please but not very knowledgeable about local events. That was OK as we found other sources, mainly Internet. Barter Theater performance (Kiss Me Kate) was VERY entertaining. They have a marvelously talented and hard-working theater company in Abingdon. We had great weather and could not have had a more enjoyable three day weekend with neighbors and friends from Wilmington, NC.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
VA293, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. The Barter Theater is one of our main attractions here in town. Hope to see you again. Again, thank you for taking the time to post a review. It is greatly appreciated.
Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

As another person mentioned - we booked our stay at this hotel in sept 2012 (!) with HRS for the race weekend in Bristol 2013. When we arrived, they told us that they did not have a reservation under our name. There was some kind of problem, that someone from the hotel had put the wrong rates into the system and they had to cancel all reservations prior to july (!) 2013. Problem was, we never received any cancellation - nor did HRS. And with the booking they received my phone number and my email adress! The two ladies at the front desk seemed to feel genuinly sorry for that and tried to explain that the rate we booked was too low for race weekend. But how should I know - we are from europe and that was our frist stay/race?!?
After some waiting, they offered us a room at their sister hotel, the Red Roof Inn in Kingsport. For the same price (I guess that was nice?) and because of what happened they would put us in a "king suite" there. Well, in the end it was one small queen bed with bloodstains on the sheet, there were 2 spiders in bathroom and a spiderweb around the towels and the room smelled kind of strange.
So, I was very disappointed with the way they treat their guests - if you make a mistake, just say so! Just because we did not make a big scene at the front desk doesn't mean I want to be treated bad or lied to.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
VA293, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Guest,
We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for your review. Our Assistant Manger passed away a few months ago, and he had made a mistake for not blocking the rooms off for the race weekend. We were overbooked and needed to cancel rooms. We tried our best to move you to another hotel. However, the race weekend made it very difficult to move you to another location. The only location we could find was the Red Roof Inn. We did try and contact you, but did not receive a response; however, we did manage to get you a room. Our Assistant Manger was having a difficult time organizing everything. I assure you we will be more organized next year. Again, we would like to apologize.
Denton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Rooms spacious, clean, and comfortable beds. Internet service was very fast. Workout room was small but had everything we needed. Breakfast was above average and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Several restaurants nearby. The location is about an hour from Mount Rogers and so it was a great stopping place for us.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
VA293, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed our facility and your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again. Again, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review.
Durham, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

At check in the clerk informed me that my reservation had been canceled because the rate quoted was not the rate for "race weekend". Naturally they had no more rooms available at that time. They did offer to send us to another town that had a room. I booked the room through Reserve Travel 09/12 for 8/23/13 & 8/24/13. I don't understand how they can cancel a confirmed reservation just because they didn't get to charge the "rip off race weekend" rate. I have spoken to their corporate office and they told me they should not have cancelled us. They told me it was canceled in May. I suggest you call to confirm you have a room at least a month in advance. My weekend experience started off bad but at least we saw some good racing.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
VA293, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
This particular guest did not stay with us. It was race weekend and we require a valid credit card for the room. We take advanced deposit for the room; however, this guest did not provide a valid credit card. As we tried to process the credit card the card was declined. We tried contacting guest for 2 weeks straight and we got no response; therefore, we were forced to cancel the reservation due to high volume of requests from other guests for reservations. We offered guest to be moved; however, guest was rude and walked out. There was not much we could have done for this particular guest. We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience, but did as much possible to help the guest.

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!